Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Inexpensive way to test VoIP card(s) in DSP

Does anyone have a suggestion for a cheap (under $500 - if available) way I could set up a server for testing VoIP cards? For example, I have a Blu-103 in my office and I'd love to be able to make the VoIP phone actually work so I can test my code. I do have a paid Skype account (personal) and I knew at one time they had a VoIP-to-Skype converter that acted like a server for you and one VoIP phone. But, I don't know if they have that any more.

I'd even be happy with something that was intra-office - just something that would at least make the card come alive so I'd know my programming was not in vain.

Any helpful helpiness?
e

Comments

• Options
    pdabrowskipdabrowski Posts: 184
    Asterix server - there is a version made to run a small virtual pabx on a raspberry pi so it's a great way of having a small voip system for testing etc.
  • Options
    +1 for asterix or a flavor of called pbx in a box that I run on a VM for VOIP. I have a couple VOIP phones but mainly use a soft phone on comp or cell
  • Options
    zack.boydzack.boyd Posts: 94
    Another +1 for Asterix. Or find a buddy who's in IT for a company with a PBX ;)
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    The amx sip gateway was a rebranded asterix appliance.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Okay - I suck at VoIP. I successfully loaded FreePBX/Asterix on an old Dell lappy I have and it works like a champ. I created a couple SIP extensions (as best I can figure) but have had no luck getting the BSS BLU-103 VoIP cards talking to it. I have actually had the VoIP cards working fine with the help of Jeff Skalny by connecting (through a complex, highly electrical and dangerous process involving Firewalls, VPN and a small particle accelerator I happen to have laying around) the cards to his little SIP gateway.

If there is anyone out there in AMX Forum land who is familiar with FreePBX and the BSS VoIP cards, I'd appreciate a little help. I'm not asking for a freebie. I'll pay you for your time. I can handle all the remoting into my computer and so-forth.

PM Me if interested.
    E
  • Options
    JasonSJasonS Posts: 229
    BSS has some example files somewhere of connecting a BLU-103 to an asterisk server. Did you find those? If not I can probably post them.

I have not actually had experience connecting a BLU-103 to asterisk, only a Tesira VI. Last time I worked with a BLU-103 it was remotely and the IT staff was not actually able to get it registered with the local SIP server without spending an inordinate amount of time. I have generally found this to be the case when trying to register A/V VoIP devices with customer phone systems.
  • Options
    JasonS wrote: »
    BSS has some example files somewhere of connecting a BLU-103 to an asterisk server. Did you find those? If not I can probably post them.

I have not actually had experience connecting a BLU-103 to asterisk, only a Tesira VI. Last time I worked with a BLU-103 it was remotely and the IT staff was not actually able to get it registered with the local SIP server without spending an inordinate amount of time. I have generally found this to be the case when trying to register A/V VoIP devices with customer phone systems.

I actually did look for those but they were taken down a while back. I called TS at BSS and they said they only had two docs up on the webstie: 1 for Cisco and the other for something I cannot remember right now. They did say they thought the FreePBX doc was on their user forum, but that was down as well. (they didn't know it was down)

So, yeah, If you happen to have the doc and would be willing to email it to me, that would be great!

eric
    at
    codem
    dot
    com
  • Options
    JasonSJasonS Posts: 229
    I tried to email you the file, it bounced back. "eric wasn't found at codem.com". It was a zip file.
  • Options
    JasonS wrote: »
    I tried to email you the file, it bounced back. "eric wasn't found at codem.com". It was a zip file.

it's codeem (two e's)