Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

IP Control disconnects with SVSi 1xxx receivers

About a month into my first SVSi installation, my controller is occasionally losing connection to the receivers, and won't re-connect. I still need to double-check my error recovery code, but... anyone else have trouble keeping IP control connections to SVSi 1xxx series receivers open? Should I ditch keeping connections open, and only open for commands, then close?

Comments

• Options
    Well, my error recovery/reconnect code is... completely missing. Sigh.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Are you using the Native Netlinx connection in the SVSis? I've found that if you use that they seem to stay online pretty well. (even if you're doing more old skool commands via it's IP port.)
  • Options
    I'm just using typical IP_CLIENT_OPEN routines. I'll have to look into native netlinx connections, I wasn't even aware that was a thing. Putting the timeline events that drive re-connect processes back into the code stack may at least more effectively cover up the disconnect problem.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I'm just using typical IP_CLIENT_OPEN routines. I'll have to look into native netlinx connections, I wasn't even aware that was a thing. Putting the timeline events that drive re-connect processes back into the code stack may at least more effectively cover up the disconnect problem.

yep, If you log into the SVSi's web page, you'll see a tab for Netlinx. You go there and can give it a device ID and point it tow the master you want. (It's just like any other AMX IP Device)

There are some basic commands you can do with simple Netlinx commands (like source select, etc...) but, there is no feedback on this stuff. It's essentially like IR control. You might need to do both.

But, activating the Netlinx connection does seem to keep things alive better.

E
  • Options
    Having trouble finding a Netlinx tab in here, can't find anywhere that looks like Netlinx Device number or master IP.

• Options
    MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226
    Firmware must be out of date then Derrick
  • Options
    Year old firmware on devices we just got a couple months ago. Why do I forget to check every time?
  • Options
    ...And of course the updater won't actually run. AMXUpdater.exe keeps telling me there's a firewall problem. I've completely disabled the firewall, as well as any and all antivirus protection, but the updater still tells me the units can't get the file they are requesting, probably due to a firewall problem. I probably can't load the firmware through netlinx?
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    There have been several issues with the Updater (for everyone) of late. Do it manually....