Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

MXD-701 PROBLEMS

HELLO,
I have a problem with two MXD-701 TPs that can't connect to the processor, all settings are correct
I tried the option scan for master to see the processor, one of the screens displays the processor but unable to connect the other screen does not display anything and I can't ping them
please any ideas
thanx

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I would log into the Netlinx master by terminal and ping the touch panel to make sure it is indeed accessible. Another thing: you didn't specify which master you're using. But, certain panels cannot speak to older firmware. For example I run my personal system on a very old NI900 and my G5 panel cannot talk to it with the firmware it runs.
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    FING is your friend. For Androd, iPhone, and PC, it scans your network and identifies any devices and their IP. Further, it shows what services are offered on each (telnet, web, etc). This tells you for sure what is who and where.

You can also TELNET into panels.

If a panel can't light up at all, there's generally no hope.
  • Thanx for your help
    I'm using an NX-2200, the panel is ON and every thing is Ok except I can't see it in the online tree and can't ping it
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Thanx for your help
    I'm using an NX-2200, the panel is ON and every thing is Ok except I can't see it in the online tree and can't ping it

If you cannot ping it then it's IP connection is not working. The issue might be a bad NIC on the touch panel. IT also might be something to do with the network switch/router. For example: what IP is the panel set to? What IP is the NX set to? Is the subnet mask correct for however you have your network set up? You are in Network Troubleshooting land right now. It may not even have anything to do with the AMX gear at all.