Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

No Audio with Solstice Pod

For purpose of collaboration, I have plugged a Solstice Pod with DVX 2255 (HDMI input 4). The 70V AMP output is connected to speakers. During Solstice shared session, I don't always get the audio playing on AMP output. Solstice Pod audio seems to work if connected directly to a LCD. I dont have problem getting audio out of any other HDMI Source connected to DVX. The Solstice audio session rarely works with DVX. Is there a way to fix this issue.

Thanks.

Comments

• Solstice Pods are notoriously inconsistent about audio play-through. We have problems with it all the time, it's always the Pod, not the rest of the equipment. Audio from remote devices is it's weakest area. You might be able to trick it by copying the LCD EDID into the DVX and advertising that EDID to the Solstice input, but I'll bet you'll still have intermittent audio problems. It's gotten better with each successive Pod update, but still isn't solid. I wish I had better advice than, "wait for the next update," but... that's about all I've got for you. Maybe others will have more specific DVX-centric advice.
  • Solstice support informed me of the 3.1.1 update on Pod It turns out that the EDID settings of the screen resolution needed to be set to 30hz max in order for the Solstice Pod to recognize an audio thru put. Resolved the issue in the DVX web browser menu and the Pod is working properly.
  • Ah, thank for that tidbit of info!
  • Awe we sure these aren't Tide Pods we're eating? ...

We've been trying to deploy a dozen or so Solstice Pods across campus, and have ended up finding that audio functionality is very spotty depending on what device it's being connected to.

Pods will consistently work with audio to an Epson 1940 projector; we cannot get them to work on a newer Epson 2250. We can get them to work through DVX to DX-RX, and SDX 514's, but not SDX 510's. They work on some displays (Sharp, Sony) but not others (Dynex). We can get audio to work, to the devices that work, at a variety of resolutions and refresh rates including 4K. We can't get the devices that don't work to work for anything, regardless of what we do with EDID on the SDX 510's.

We're going to do some more testing, and we've got a call in to Solstice to see what they have to say.

In unrelated news, there's so far zero use time logged for the pods we installed in a new breakout/flipped classroom over winter break.
  • From Solstice Support:
    I believe this has to do with an EDID timing issue we are working to resolve currently. We have a way to force a specific timing to resolve this issue using a web browser command, you?ll just need to make sure that your Pod is updated to 3.1.1. The following fix should work for both the Epson and AMX devices, but of course if it does not please let me know right away so we can try a different display mode for these.

The work around for this currently, until we can issue a resolution, is to force a 1920 ? 1080 @ 60 hz output resolution from the Pod to the projector. It should get your audio back, though you might see some letter boxing as the original resolution of 1920 ? 1200 is a 16:10 aspect ratio and the 1080P resolution is 16:9. I will mark this for follow up as I believe our fix for this issue is coming relatively soon!

To force the 1080p EDID timing please open a web browser from a machine on the same network as the Pod and type the following:
    <ip address>/diag/displaymode?mode=16 , which would look like ?192.168.3.145/diag/displaymode?=16?

The Pod should reboot when you send the command and bring the display back up as well as the sound.

Please let me know how it goes!

This does, indeed, resolve the audio issues we were seeing for everything but our scab test Dynex display, which turned out to have blown audio circuitry. Probably why it was in our scab inventory.