Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

TPDesign4 String by PageFlip?

Hi
It's a time ago i wrote some code and now i want to update my design on my iphone. (TPControl).
I want to take the ext controls like "drag left or right", shake and so on.
Is there a way to send a string to the code everytime the page changes? i want to drag left, chenge the page and send a string to the code with the name of the actual page.

thanks for help me

john

Comments

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Someone may know better, but I don't think you can do it the way you suggest. You can accomplish this several other ways. One would be to keep track of what page you last TOLD the phone to be on... then when you see the code you assign to the drag, TELL the phone what page should be next.
  • ok,thats another way :-) send the page change from code....
  • gsmithgsmith Posts: 59
    Isn't this what the page tracking feature is for?
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Sure. But I don't see any PAGE TRACKING in the TPControl menus. I presume it isn't supported.

Aside, Page tracking in the manner the OP suggests seems to me to be missing the point of a powerful central controller. It makes the UI into an island of control, like a universal remote, making all the decisions, only casually telling the center where it has gone. I prefer the model where the UI says a user wants a thing to happen, and the center decides what to do about that, including driving navigation on the panel, based on the context of what, who, and where of the moment.

So a PLAY button doesn't cause a discrete IR code to emit from a specific port. It says "user of this UI wants PLAY on the source of the moment for the room where the UI is targeted right now". The code decides how to do that, and if a page flip is also needed at the UI in question..CONTEXT allows one UI project to work in every room.

More work (ONCE!), huge benefits in flexibility and system-wide intelligence. The Netlinx can be way smarter than hard-coded panel button logic. Don't treat it like a IO box.