Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Is there a way to enable HTTP or telnet after disabled using web browser?

To make a long story short, I disabled HTTP and telnet using the web interface of my NI3100. Is there a way to enable these settings again? I cannot access web interface or telnet, but I can connect and see the online tree in Netlinx Studio. If all else fails, I might have to get a USB - serial adapter seeing my newer laptop does not have a serial port.

Also, before I disabled those settings I could access my processor by entering my home IP address using a web browser (of course I had to port forward in router). I could not get any other port other that port 80 to work. Any suggestions?

Thanks,​

Eric

Comments

• filpeefilpee Posts: 64
    Tried HTTPS or SSH?
  • I can ping the NI3100, I can see the web interface using https, I can connect using terminal in Netlinx Studio. Anywhere that I am prompted with a login/password option, nothing works. I tried all the standard logins as well as the password that i had set. Does anyone have ANY last ditch effort ideas?

Eric
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Can yo not use the program port? (rs232 cable)
  • ericmedley wrote: »
    Can yo not use the program port? (rs232 cable)

Yes and No. I can connect to the controller, but I have tried every password known to man without luck. This was my system, not something random that I'm trying to hack into. I tried default passwords and the password that I had in the controller. Something is jacked up!
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    trx250r87 wrote: »

Yes and No. I can connect to the controller, but I have tried every password known to man without luck. This was my system, not something random that I'm trying to hack into. I tried default passwords and the password that I had in the controller. Something is jacked up!

Yeah, I can see a trip for you master back to AMX in your future.
  • If you can connect via terminal on the master serial port enter 'resetadminpassword' this will set the administrator password to 'password'
  • If you can connect via terminal on the master serial port enter 'resetadminpassword' this will set the administrator password to 'password'

That is a great idea, however, I am prompted to login first. I can't do anything without logging in.

Eric
  • cristibadcristibad Posts: 69
    did you solve this?
  • MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226
    Sorry I realize this doesnt help
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    We tell our dealers to never turn on security for the Terminal port. We figure if you are close enough to plug in a serial cable, you either aren't a hacker, or it's too late anyway.