Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

AMX and new iPod integration

Dear All,
we had been using the Sonance iPort FS23 base to implement the integration between AMX and iPod. It was working pretty well and reliably but.... it was discontinued !!!
Now, the new iPod's cannot plug into the FS23 base and this is a real problem.

1. Has anyone of you tried to connect the new iPod to the FS23 through an adapter ? If so, is the older programming module compatible with the new iPod ? Can NetLinx get content from it ?
2. If it is not compatible, do you know an alternative to make AMX integrates with the new iPod ?

I'm afraid Crestron has its own product through CresNet which is able to implement such an integration and this is real bad for us !!

Thanks,
George

Comments

• Options
    sling100sling100 Posts: 123
    Hi George - I think if you can get an adaptor to fit then it does work as usual. The other option is the RTI dock, which works really well and has a complete API available,

Simon
  • Options
    Hi Simon - have you ever used one of these two options ? Have you made a module to integrate the RTI dock with AMX masters ?

George
  • Options
    sling100sling100 Posts: 123
    I've done both. The FS23 dock works with the original module, the problem is fitting the lightning - 31 pin adaptor in. The RTI dock has a very good API which allows full control of the ipod, including coverart. The search feature is the only thing missing, which I got around by storing all of the media data on the processor and then creating my own search function.
  • Options
    Simon - you mean the RTI dock works with the original FS23 module, don't you ? Can you also share your module with us please ?

Thanks,
    George