Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

HTML Coding

I am trying to see if I can create a web page and host on the Netlinx master. I know we can use the TP3 html converstion but there are situations where I need to create my own web page. I need the web page to send strings to be processed by the Master to contorl A/V, etc equipment. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Hi kennyann,

You can put your own web pages on the Netlinx web server. Let?s say your master IP is 192.168.1.100 and your web page is test.html. Point your browser to ftp://192.168.1.100 and drop your web page in there. (Or you can create sub directories and put your web pages in there instead.) When you want to serve up the page, have the user browse to http://192.168.1.100/test.html and the page will be displayed.

I don?t know what if any ASP commands are available to us or whether we can use VBScript or JavaScript inside the web pages but I do know straight HTML will work.

As far as sending commands to the master directly to process button pushes and such via a web page I don?t think that can be done because I don?t think the AMX protocol is published. However, I believe you should be able to serve up a Java applet in your web page and have that applet make a TCP connection or broadcast a UDP message to a port that you would open up in your own code. Your code would have to listen for the commands and then react accordingly.

Cheers,
    Joe
  • kennyannkennyann Posts: 113
    Dear Joe:

Thanks for the infor. I will try that and see what happens.

Thank you for your input.

Kenny A
  • PCLinkExtra can be embedded in a Internet Explorer webpage (it is an active-x control). This works very well. You will need to contact AMX to purchase this contol. Examples of this are included with the installation of it, including a shockwave file talking with the NetLinx master.
  • I tried to access the FTP server on my Netlinx NI3000 Master.
    It asks for a user name and a password and I can?t login as an anonymous user.

What should I do?

Sincerely,
    Andr
    Hi andregabriel,

The default user name and password:

administrator
    password

Case sensistive.

Joe
    Sorry Joe:

I think for the FTP Netlinx server it is

NetLinx
    password

Kenny A
    Hi Kenny,

NetLinx or administrator will both work..

Joe
    Joe

I did not know that - that is good to know.

Kenny A

PS: I have developed an a simple HTML and java applet to communicate with Netlinx
  • kennyam,
    could you share this simple HTML coding with us ?

Sincerely,
    Andr