Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Video Streaming on G4 panels

Dear All,
what are you usually doing when a video streaming - e.g from an IP camera - is needed to be fed on a G4 panel, like MSD-701 ? MJPEG is the only supported video format for G4's ?
Are there any alternatives to get a streaming on a G4 panel ?
On previous years, we used to have video encoders which could convert a video format - like composite - to mjpeg ( e.g. vivotek encoders ). Now, the most cameras and NVR's do not support such video formats, but only IP streaming on various formats where mjpeg is not the most usable one. In such cases, what are you using ?

George

Comments

• Options
    HARMAN_RobHARMAN_Rob Posts: 230
    edited November 2018

Have you tried h.264? The Modero X G4 and Modero S G4 both support it:

VIDEO

• Supported Video Codecs:

• MPEG2-TS: MPEG-2 Main Profile@High Level up to 720p at 25 fps (decode)
      • MPEG-2-TS: H.264 High Profile@Layer 4, AAC-LC up to 720p at 25 fps (decode)
      • MJPEG up to 720p at 25 fps (decode)
    • Supported Video Transport Streams: MPEG-TS for MPEG2 and H.264; HTTP for MJPEG

• Max Number of Active Video Streams: One decode
  • Options

HI Bob,
    can I use dynamic image on TP4 to feed a H.264 streaming ? I think no as the supported protocols (HTTP or ftp seem to be only for MJPEG).
    Where can I use h.264 on modero S G4 ? There is a button state "video fill" property which can be setup to "streaming video" but I think it is only for what is coming from an MXA-MP/L.
    Am I correct ? If not, can you help me a little more please ?

Thanks,
    George

• Options

"streaming video" field is where the h.264 address goes on the G4 panels too.

From TPD4 Help:
    "Selecting Streaming Video invokes the additional Streaming Source state property: Enter the URL or IP Address of the server that will provide the video stream. This is not necessary if using the MXA-MPL."

• Options
    George KrietsepisGeorge Krietsepis Posts: 283
    edited November 2018

what about an rtsp streaming? is it supported?

• Options

has anyone ever used rtsp ?