Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

Partition sensor

Hi everyone.

Does anyone have suggestions for specific partition sensor that works with AMX controllers out of the box?

Crestron and Extron sensors has different low-high states voltage levels from that AMX IOs ports are working on so there's always some additional job to do.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177

Most every partition sensor I've ever dealt with was some permutation of a contact closure which, of course, is nothing more than an IO port with open/closed logic. I've ran into a few installs that they tried to reuse an old Craptron C-Buss device. It's obviously proprietary and ends up not working. Iin one case I actually kept the little Crestron proc it was connected to and reporgrammed it to fire a relay. Not ideal - but it did work. The other we just changed out the sensor to one provided by the partition manufacturer.

All this to say - you might check with the manafacturer of the partition and they might well have just what you need.

• zack.boydzack.boyd Posts: 94

There's a lot of generic sensors on the market - most of them intended for garage doors. Search in those worlds and you may find some 'familiar' items...

• HARMAN_ChrisHARMAN_Chris Posts: 597

Here is an option for a partition sensor with multiple contact closures: http://entertainmentnetworks.com/partsensor.pdf