Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Yamaha DPX1 Projector

Hi all,
I'm trying to control a DPX1 Yamaha projector through its rs232 port but it doesn't seem to work. I have downloaded the appropriate manual from amx site and I have seen that we need to send a 'wake up' command to enable the serial port.

send_string Projector,'dpx1 comm wakeup'

I have defined this device as you can see below:

Define_device

Projector = 5001:1:0

Define_event

Data_Event[Projector]
{
online: send_command Projector,'SET BAUD 115200,N,8,1 485 DISABLE'
}

and I send the commands like this:

send_string Projector,"2,$00,'C13E',3" //POWER ON
send_string Projector,"2,$00,'C03F',3" //POWER OFF

I have already tried swapping 2 and 3 on the cable to see if the unit needs a straight through cable ( I don't think so) but nothing happened.

Have anyone of you ever controlled this device?

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Options
    George,

Instead of:
    send_string Projector,"2,$00,'C13E',3" //POWER ON

try:

send_string Projector,"$02,$00,$C1,$3E,$03"

Danny
  • Options
    Chip MoodyChip Moody Posts: 727
    The format George was using matches the example in the protocol manual, so assuming the manual is correct, he's doing the right thing by putting those four characters in single quotes...

What about a response to the wake up command? The manual says you should get a $06 back if it is successful. If you're not even getting that back, I wouldn't expect anything else you send to work.

It was nice of them to point out the pin-out for the 232 connector, wasn't it? :) What type and gender port is on the projector?

- Chip
  • Options
    Thanks Danny and Chip

Danny, I sent the command as you told me but nothing happend...

Chip, the truth is that when I'm sending the 'wake up' command, the projector does not send back any reply. The projector rs232 connector is a male 9-pin one.

Is there any case of using the handshaking function (CTS and RTS) regardless of what the manual says?

George
  • Options
    Chip MoodyChip Moody Posts: 727
    So you >should< be using a crossover cable, assuming Sony managed to keep those pins standard.

And no, if you have a cable handy that's wired 2-3, 3-2, 5-5, 7-8, 8-7, trying a "HSON" command to that com port couldn't hurt for testing purposes.

- Chip
  • Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Hi George, I not sure about this exact projector but may projectors will send feedback to the RS-232 port even if yoy are using the remote or local keypad, could come in handle troubleshooting the port. 115200, thats smoking, is there any way to verify the baud with the OSD menu to make sure its still set to this rate, often I find when I get no feedback it is a cable or baud rate setting. :)
  • Options
    Thomas,
    there is no way to check if the baud rate is 115200. The manual says that this is the default but I have tried and some others too. I have already sent some IR commands but there was not any reply from the NI rs232 Rx port, that is from Projector serial port.

Chip,
    so you suggest me to use an other cable with that pins, right?

George
  • Options
    George,

I would connect the projector to my PC with a null-modem cable and use something like hyperterminal to attempt to send it the wake-up string. You can vary the baud rate starting with 115200 and work down to see if the thing will ever respond.

I've also used a program called RS232 Hex Com Tool that you can download from www.viddata.com. The demo version will only run for 5 minutes, but that should be enough to see if the projector will respond.

Danny
  • Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    George, I thought I heard of possible issues with port 1 on the NI series, have you tried another port?