Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

More MVP hardware woes

I have two customers now with constant complaints regarding the hardware buttons on MVP panels. It seems the center button in the NAV array gets stuck, and when it is stuck, none of the hardware buttons respond. Jiggle it a bit, and all comes back. Both of these customers are being somewhat difficult about it - insisting that the panels are broken or defective, and should be replaced. But the fact is, it's an inherent design flaw, and I can replace them continuously and the problem will keep coming back. Neither of these guys will acccept "jiggle it" as a solution. I've had to resort to, "I'm talking to AMX about it;" which will only hold off the dogs for so long.

Also, though the dead horse is getting to be a bloody pulp, something needs to be done about the case plastic. I personally own an older Viewpoint that is at least five years old, and looks like it's brand new. I have customers with MVP's that are six months old that look like they have been through the war. The silver coloration wears off and scratches off with normal use (like simply docking them), exposing the white substrate. It looks terrible, and as wonderful as the display on these things is, I have a real difficult time with customers insisting they are "cheesy" because of premature case wear. For the amount of money they have spent, they don't want to hear, "well, that's the way these are." They want them to look nice and stay looking nice, for years, not weeks. Replacing the case every two months is not an acceptible solution, especially if I'm going to have to bear the cost of it.

Comments

• Options
    A brushed alum. or titanium metal would be cool or for the more fancy a real wooden face plate. I agree, for the cost of these units they need a more reliable cosmectic look.