Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Residential Forum

Kaleidescape module

Hi

I'm working with a Kaleidescape Video Server using the module.
It' all ok when i define just one Kplayer and one Touch Panel. (the Kaleidescape server and the players are connected on LAN)
When I define the second Kplayer, the feedback response of the first one disappear, but not the serviceability.

Anyone can help me?

thanks

Comments

• Assuming you are using the module from the manufacturer, you have to set up the Touchpanels into an array. Easiest thing is to change the constant TP from a DEV to DEV[ ] initialized with all of the controlling touchpanels.
  • Thank you for replay.

I solved the problem!

It was necessary to set the type of connection with player.
    When you want to connect with a player on lan, is necessary to specify the "INDIRECT" type of connection on the module.
  • joecjoec Posts: 55
    Wireless panel issues

Hello all:
    I have 2 K players and multiple MVP-8400 and all of my wireless panels will switch to the Kscape page that any other wireless panel is controlling. So if MVP8400-1 is controlling a Tivo and MVP8400-2 starts to scroll the kscape movies list, the MVP8400-1 will switch to the kscape page on the touch panel. Sometimes just the cover art will pop up on the panel using the tivo and block the tivo page.

Is this the fix below for this problem as well?

Thanks for your help.

Joe

giacomo wrote:
    Thank you for replay.

I solved the problem!

It was necessary to set the type of connection with player.
    When you want to connect with a player on lan, is necessary to specify the "INDIRECT" type of connection on the module.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    You most likely created a DEV array of all you TPs for the K. So when you push a button and send_command to pop up a page you send to all panels. You need to use button.input.device (or another method) to determine which TP actually sent the push, then send you page command just to that panel. You can use the button.input.device right in the send_comand line if you want. In the example below the dev variable devAMX_NP_ActiveTP is a global so I can track it else where but a stack_var or local will do depending on your needs.
    BUTTON_EVENT [devTPAMX_NPArray,nAMX_NPBtnArray]
         {
         PUSH:
    	  {
    	  stack_var integer nAMX_NPBtn

nAMX_NPBtn = get_last(nAMX_NPBtnArray)
    	  devAMX_NP_ActiveTP = button.input.device  // assign active TP to dev
    	  switch (nAMX_NPBtn)
    	       {   
    	       case 1:
    		    {
    		    SEND_COMMAND devAMX_NP_ActiveTP ,"'PPOF-SB_DisplayGroup'" ;
                                              // or //
                          SEND_COMMAND button.input.device,"'PPOF-SB_DisplayGroup'" ;

} 

I very much appreciate this. I will let you know how it goes this evening.
    THANKS
  • Actually I think the Kaleidescape module will send out page flip commands to any touchpanel you have defined to control a paticular player.

I think there's two ways to solve the problem. Get the source code for the module from Kaleidescape and change it. Not sure how hard that is but I think I've heard of people being able to get the source code.

What I ended up doing is to create a virtual device that is the parameter passed to the Kaleidescape as the touch panel and then whenever a real touchpanel is controlling a Kaleidescape I combine the real touchpanel with the virtual device.

Andre
    Thanks for that reply.
    Would this work if I am using 4 wireless panels controlling 2 Kscape players?
    We are still haveing a tough time with this.
    THANKS

alexanbo wrote:
    Actually I think the Kaleidescape module will send out page flip commands to any touchpanel you have defined to control a paticular player.

I think there's two ways to solve the problem. Get the source code for the module from Kaleidescape and change it. Not sure how hard that is but I think I've heard of people being able to get the source code.

What I ended up doing is to create a virtual device that is the parameter passed to the Kaleidescape as the touch panel and then whenever a real touchpanel is controlling a Kaleidescape I combine the real touchpanel with the virtual device.

Andre
  • Should work fine with 4 panels and 2 K players.

You'd setup two virtual devices to represent the virtual touchpanels. One of the virtual touchpanels will control the first K player and then the other virtual panel will control the second K player.

When a Kaledescape zone is selected from a real panel, you need to combine any real panels that are controlling that zone with the virtual panel that's controlling that zone. After the panels are combineds, send the refresh command and that will flip the real panels to the correct page.

When the real panel deselects the Kaleidescape zone, you'll need to remove that panel from the combine. I do this just by uncombining everything, then recombining those panels that are still controlling the zone.

I have noticed after the refresh command is sent, it sometimes doesn't refresh the cover art.

Andre
  • K Module Music List as Text?

Is there a possibility (maybe an old K module) to get the music list as text? A customer doesnt want to switch on the beamer and would just select music on the MVP? Usually one does select Music on the Musiclist by the video-window, eiter on a wire touchpanel or on the plasma.
  • alexanboalexanbo Posts: 282
    I believe you can in the module specify that the zone you're controlling is a Stand Alone Zone with no Video display and that gives you a text interface.
    alexanbo wrote:
    I believe you can in the module specify that the zone you're controlling is a Stand Alone Zone with no Video display and that gives you a text interface.

Yes but the text display will only list one title/coverart per screen display.
    So you cant list several titles or covers and select one to play. At least that is the way my system works with the 8400's
  • alexanboalexanbo Posts: 282
    If you use the stand alone touchpanel template they provide, it provides you with a list I believe.
    alexanbo wrote:
    If you use the stand alone touchpanel template they provide, it provides you with a list I believe.

OK, that's great news. THere must be something wrong with my code then since I am using the Kscape standard non-video module and I do not get list's of titles. I'll check with some others who are also using wireless panels for kscape music.
    alexanbo wrote:

Can anyone confirm that they are able to browse the titles of movies on the wireless panel not getting video from the Kscape? I know I can browse one title at a time, but I am looking for the browsing similar to the TV browsing where there are a page full of titles to scroll through.

Thanks
  • Rich AbelRich Abel Posts: 104
    Kaleidescape Module

I recently did a Kaleidescape project that adapted their code for the 'OSD' version of the UI. This does not create the list on the TP, as I think you are looking for. The 'SATP' version does this.

I found that if you need to modify the structure of the Kaleidescape-supplied UI, you'll have to dig fairly deep into the supplied module code and edit the routines that command UI changes in the panel. Since they supply all the sources, this is possile....but there is a lot of code to become familiar with.