Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

Casting while using the Vibe

Is it possible to use a Micro soft Casting device while using the Vibe

Comments

• quirkquirk Posts: 28

Hey @TrainerGabe, the ACV-5100 is essentially a soundbar and USB camera and mic. The device does not have the capability to do any kind of screen sharing/casting like the ACR-5100(Acendo Core).

• so that means that I must cable into the screen through HDMI in order for the system to be displayed.

• If you want to use the Acendo Vibe for audio output from a source, you can connect via 3.5mm analog, digital optical in, Bluetooth, USB, or HDMI

Some sources are both audio and video. In these cases, the source would wire into the Vibe via HDMI and then out of the vibe into the video display.

For wireless collaboration, we offer the Acendo Core or AMX enzo. Both of these devices would wire through the Acendo Vibe via HDMI in and out.

• Can I use Acendo Vibe as video source for TV without going through laplop/Acendo Core?

• The Acendo Vibe is a pass through conduit for HDMI signals into a display. The reason to pass through the Vibe is to extract the audio at the Vibe for speaker output, yet pass your video onto the display. Alone, the vibe is not a video signal generating device. As Kyle mentioned, it is a Bluetooth/analog input/digital coax input speaker with microphone output over USB that also allows for HDMI as an input source with a video out pass through port to send signal to your display.

• sammc55sammc55 Posts: 1

In order to display a web conference on an external monitor (TV) are the USB and HDMI cables both required?

• HARMAN_ChrisHARMAN_Chris Posts: 598

Not necessarily - the answer to your question would be application specific. USB can carry PC audio to and from the Acendo Vibe. Under that scenario, my video could pass through the vibe and then onto the display or you could run video direct to the display. This would be my preferred method to account for additional scenarios like audio over HDMI and not USB. Configuration of the PC would be needed to select the mic source and output path for audio to achieve the outcome you were seeking. Source selection at the vibe would need to be adjusted as well to reflect the desired config.

Alternatively, you could only pass HDMI through the vibe because the source component may not have USB.

• RudeeRudee Posts: 1
    Hi @HARMAN_Chris
    My device is acendo vibe ACV 5100, is it possible to use mic extender to the Device ? Let say when the meeting room to big and the person to far away from the sound bar so the default mic can't clearly grab the voice ( Please give the setup guidance if it's possible )

and if it's possible to use external mic
    Will it overide the function of the default mic ?

Many thanks for the answers

Regards
    Rudee
  • Rudee, I do not know the answer to this question. My suggestion would be to make a quick call into tech support to see if they have solved this one before and what their guidance is for supplementing the on-board mic.