Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Website/Forums

AMX home page.

Hi all
Has anyone been having a problem getting the AMX.COM page to load properly. I thought it was maybe a work place issue till I tried it at home last night. It was missing some info on the page, I had to refresh it a few times before it was complete.

Comments

• pauldpauld Posts: 106
    The same thing is happening to me as well, AMX.com is missing some graphics.
  • matt95gsrmatt95gsr Posts: 165
    It's been that way for me as well...probably for about a week or so.
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Yes, I noticed last Thursday but have been too busy to post it until now.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I haven't noticed anything, it works fine for me.
    What interface are you using Dave? I have tried both IE and Maxthon with the same results.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    It's been working fine for me (a little slow to connect and load sometimes...maybe 5-10 seconds). I am using Firefox.

Jeff
  • Have the same problems from the office and from home, I tried IE, Opera and Firefox, same result.
    I just did a 'system restore' back a week (had some strange issues since Friday the 13th) and the home page still isn't loading fully. Possible a script issue.
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    I've been having the same problems here and I thought it was just me. I don't know if it's related but I first noticed it happening after the last Windows Update security patch a little over a week ago.

I don't "think" it's a script problem because if you right click on the missing images and do a "Show Picture" the images then show up.
    I just did a 'system restore' back a week (had some strange issues since Friday the 13th) and the home page still isn't loading fully. Possible a script issue.
    That patch might be the issue, I'd forgot about it. I wonder if that's what caused my UBS stick to drop all of it files while doing a routine sync with my desktop folder. I lost everything and ended up having to get the files from my home system which contained older files. I was blaming Friday the 13th alignment with the moon and planet x, y and z.
  • I spoke with our IT department, and they have been doing some maintenance in preparation for some new hardware. This may be causing some of the static content, like images, to occasionally not load. When we tried clearing our browsers' cache the problem went away. Hope this helps you guys, and sorry for the inconvenience!
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    What interface are you using Dave? I have tried both IE and Maxthon with the same results.
    Firefox 1.5. I clear my cache regularly, that might be the difference.
  • vincenvincen Posts: 526
    The most boring on AMX website are two things:

Why do we need to agree each time we go to Inconcert with license ?????

Very often when I try to access a technote I get that error:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e4d'

Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user.

/techsupport/DBConnection.asp, line 15

Vince
  • Have the same problems when looking in tech notes. The problems seems te be getting worse. I get more errors now.
    I tried to open a tech note yesterday and the same thing. I was trying to download TECh Note 146 or 147 (can't remember) and it took me 7-8 tries before I got it.
  • The database errors are still there when trying to get access to the tech notes. :(
    Right now I can't get into AMX.com. If gives the error:

"The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed. "

I've tried getting in from several PCs with the same results. I either get the above error or I get prompted to login with a user name, password, and a domain at the AMX home page.
  • If you tried this last night than I believe it was due to a web-upgrade, I was unable to connect as well. It would be nice if AMX sent us out an e-mail saying that the web will be down on this date/time and for this long. Save us time trying to troubleshoot a non-existing computer/network/ISP problem.
    May need seat belts...

Is it just me or is the AMX web site way faster than it used to be?
  • How about it!
    Joe Hebert wrote:
    Is it just me or is the AMX web site way faster than it used to be?

Much faster now! YEAH!!!