Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Automate Samsung TV with a simple solution

I have 6 Samsung TVs spread across building. All networked but currently being manually switched on and off.
The TV’s are used for various content purpose, so some of the content are spinned off from the USB while the others are new channels played from Amazon stick.

I am looking for a way to automate the power on and off solution, then chose the content source to play the content

What can you suggest that doesn’t cost money?

Something that can be done over IP

Comments

• I don't think you're going to find this forum much help if your goal is to cheap out on an AV install.

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    edited October 2021

Kinda like going to a car dealer and asking what they have that you can drive for free. Just not what they have in mind. Good luck in any case.

• @machinepunks - in spirit, you've found the correct community. AMX is a control system that can accomplish what you are trying to do. The task of POWER and INPUT management within a user interface or scheduled application is right in the AMX wheelhouse. It will require hardware and software programming. The "free," non-coding solution will support up to 4 displays over IP. Custom code could support hundreds of displays. Overall, you will need an integrator/dealer/reseller to aid you in your hardware purchase and they can also help in the software side.

https://www.amx.com/en-US/where_to_find