Home AMX User Forum Scripting Languages

v1.2.65 firmware - creating local mojo project & pip installation problems

Hello,

Today I updated the controller and the vscode extension to the latest versions and I have two questions about it.

1. In the new way of creating "Mojo Local Program", a folder with the appropriate files is not created, but these newly created files go directly to the root folder. Additionally, each time I create a new program, VS Code asks whether it should delete all folders existing in the root folder. Is this a new standard that I should get used to or maybe some kind of bug?
  2. Has anyone managed to install external Python packages using the "pip" method described in the documentation (AMX MUSE Programming Guide Version 1.1.1)? I don't fully understand how it should be done regarding MUSE controller.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• I also just begun to use the new extensions....
    to your first issue...

It really seems that when a new "Mojo Local Program" is done, it's requested to delete "unneccesary files", for whatever reason.... Otherwise, for a common single script in a main folder, no subfolders or other files are required, and so it may be asked to delete. This may be checked with TS.

Little confusing is how the folders are organised. The "Mojo Local Program" goes into root of the main folder. By controller's point of view, this is correct, as the main folder is related to the controller. Seems it is possible to create folders within the root, and then move the new created "Mojo Local Program" files into the subfolders. Directly creating the Mojo Local Program into a subfolder seems not be possible.

The manual is not representing yet that little change.

• wf_avcodewf_avcode Posts: 3
    edited October 10

I am facing exactly the same "problems" you describe. I think this solution makes less sense in terms of how scripts are loaded onto the controller. The previous option of creating an additional folder was more intuitive in my opinion. Still, it's not a big problem and creating such a folder and then transferring two files to it basically takes a few seconds of extra work.

As for question number two, I still haven't figured out how Python packages should be loaded onto the controller. If you manage to figure it out, I'd be extremely grateful for your feedback, because this is a feature I was really looking forward to!

• dimaccodimacco Posts: 9

I have the same question, where and how to run the command "pip install -r requirements.txt"?

• I reached the Harman Technical Support and thanks to the Wesley Moore, the documentation was updated to version 1.2 - right now there is a detailed description of loading external Python packages :)