Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Website/Forums

New Web Site

Nice, very snappy (although it is Sunday), took me a minute to figure out "partners" is where all the IR/modules are. Although limit of 100 items returned is still there....

Thanks very much, especially for no more "do I agree" !

Bill

Comments

• jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Bravo!

Nice site - looks good! Haven't explored it completely yet - but first impressions do count . . . right? :)
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Nice, haven't had time to check out everything as yet.
  • vincenvincen Posts: 526
    Very nice new website especially with some tech docs in french now :D

Just few issues I give below for web designers ;)

-> Website doesn't appreciate accents and international characters in name of account, my name is Vinc?n PUJOL but it displays as Vincn Pujol (? character is missing :(
    -> Markets pages display blank with Safari on Mac OSX :(
    -> Link to french documents in Manual section of Tech Center contains an error: double / after www.amx.com in URL and it contains also a space some browsers don't like that !
    -> French document don't appear if you go to Download Updates in Tech Center then Manuals section.

For Mac and Linux, I include below a little widget (newest version in separate message below in same thread) that allows you directly to do a search on AMX website from Dashboard (if you run Tiger :D Any ideas of enhancements are welcome ;)
    We are working to get it working also for Inconcert part of website but I think we would need some cooperation from someone of AMX for interface if it's possible ?

Excellent work for that new website, lot better than previous one, more easy to navigate and more clean, light design, I really appreciate it ;)

Vinc
  • John FranceJohn France Posts: 14
    Really interesting Widget , just need to found how we can search on Inconcert. it will be so Fantastic and we can work more fastly
    Last version of widget for AMX search in website with different options, you can search on whole website, Products only, Tech Center only or Newsroom only :)

It's a widget usable with Tiger on MAC OSX or Linux.

Enjoy

Vinc
    Something else a little ennoying on new website ;)

the search tool doesn't display a nice error message if you do something illegal in search, it returns a blank page with a Java error, it would be better with a normal AMX webapge and a human message telling search could not be completed or something like that ;)

Vinc
  • John GonzalesJohn Gonzales Posts: 609
    I'm diggin' the new site also. Looks much better. I like the way the 'AMX Partners' list is set up and how the 'About AMX' page lists awards right away. If an end user is looking at the site, the partners list looks very extensive and the awards are seen right away which are some key things that end users consider.

--John
  • John GonzalesJohn Gonzales Posts: 609
    Funny, when browsing the 'Contact AMX' section, I didn't realize that we didn't support South America, Greenland, The rest of Africa, and parts of the middle east. The map also looks like support is available for India, but not Pakistan. Hmmm, it almost looks like a political map, lol.

--John
  • Search

Vinc?n,
    Can you give me an example of what you did to get the search error? Thanks!
  • Vincen,

To address your issues:

Sorry - Website doesn't appreciate accents and international characters in name of account, my name is Vinc?n PUJOL but it displays as Vincn Pujol (? character is missing)

This is due to Safari breaking their xslt support in version 2, I have fixed this for safari users, however this is less than .5 of a percent of our website users. - Markets pages display blank with Safari on Mac OSX

Which browers can't handle spaces and double slashes? - Link to french documents in Manual section of Tech Center contains an error: double / after www.amx.com in URL and it contains also a space some browsers don't like that !

I can see them, can you explain what you mean? - French document don't appear if you go to Download Updates in Tech Center then Manuals section.
  • TryllTryll Posts: 33
    Safari still looks to be broken from here.
    Vinc?n,
    Can you give me an example of what you did to get the search error? Thanks!

Sorry Suzanne but it looks I'm unable to reproduce the issue :( I was using + or & symbol to combine different words in search but now it works all the time !!

Sorry for disturbance

Vinc
    I can see them, can you explain what you mean? - French document don't appear if you go to Download Updates in Tech Center then Manuals section.

Hi Joeyjoejo,

Let me explain it more clearly I hope ;)
    If you go in Tech Center -> Manuals, it lists well for documents existing in french the little french flag ;)
    If you go in Tech Center -> Download Updates -> Manuals, it doesn't display french flag for same documents existing in french !

Do you understand what I mean ?

Thanks
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I just noticed the AMX logo for May 5th . . . I like it! LOL - looks like AMX will be taking the Google approach to their logo on special days and such?
  • vincen,

This is because the "Download Updates" page is shows singular documents, not sets, a set would be an English and a french document. We don't show flags because they are not updated. We show the flags to denote a different language on most pages, but on this page we only show UPDATED documents.

vincen wrote:
    Hi Joeyjoejo,

Let me explain it more clearly I hope ;)
    If you go in Tech Center -> Manuals, it lists well for documents existing in french the little french flag ;)
    If you go in Tech Center -> Download Updates -> Manuals, it doesn't display french flag for same documents existing in french !

Do you understand what I mean ?

Thanks
    Sorry - Website doesn't appreciate accents and international characters in name of account, my name is Vinc?n PUJOL but it displays as Vincn Pujol (? character is missing)

Bug is still there with accents display at top of website :(

Thanks

Vinc
  • vincen wrote:
    Bug is still there with accents display at top of website :(

Thanks

Vinc?n

I don't forsee this getting fixed anytime soon :(
  • dchristodchristo Posts: 177
    On some of the pages (but not all), the "Forum Tools" drop down menu doesn't work. The "Netlinx Studio" forum is one that doesn't work. I'm running WinXP and Firefox 1.5.0.3.

--D
  • Structured Site....Easy to Browse

The NEW site is really interesting and is more structured..Really good one....All the contents on the site are easy to navigate..It appears to have been filled with information now....(Most of the content was availabel earlier too.....)....

Good Work..

Kirti
  • ondrovicondrovic Posts: 217
    Forum Issues

Would like to point out that some of the search features and quick links seem to not work under certain parts of the forum. Thought it might be firefox so I tried under IE with the same results. If I remeber correclty that vb uses javascript to control the menus, seems as though there might be an issues with it.

Can someone else verify that these issues do exsist?

I know for sure that the Forum Tools and Search this Forum dont work under the general Dissucssion part of the forums
  • Thanks for checking in on this. We've got a Tech Support case open with vBulletin about this issue and hope to have it resolved shortly.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Search is the same. Both will work if you are at the top of the forum hierarchy (main page), but not if you are in one of the sections.
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    I like the fact that I no longer have to log into view products, good business move for new clients :)