Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Residential Forum

Integra Rcvr Tuner presets

Hi All,
I have been using Integra receivers of late and according to their documentation, to send a command to go to tuner preset 1 for instance, you send the Tuner input command followed by the preset number (using IR). I have never been able to get this to work and tech support at Integra say it can't be done except from the front panel. Odd considering the documentation says it can be done, and is a pretty standard command on most receivers. Anyone know how to do this?
Thanks
Paul

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Have you considered moving to serial control? I use the AMX provided Comm module for Integra Rcvrs all of the time and they work well. I don't know about recalling a specific preset from the serial port, but it definately lets you send a command to switch to a station directly (IE tune=97.1). Using this feature, I just create my own presets from within the AMX Processor.

Jeff
  • Spire_Jeff,

Which Comm module are you using? the "Onkyo_TX-DS989,DTR-91,RDC-7_Comm.tko"?
    Could you please let us know. Thanks.
  • I happen to know that Direct preset selection is possible via Rs-232 and IR. I have successfully done this with both formats. I believe, if you can get access to the Integra dealer support site, they have an excel spreadsheet giving you the pronto hex codes to achieve this and many other things (and 232 codes). Or at least it was there last year.

I'm suprised Integra tech support told you this was not possible. I suggest you call back and ask again. If that doesn't work, talk to your Integra rep/distributor, and they should beable to get the info for you.

Or......

just Follow Spire_Jeff's Instructions....that works well too!!!!!!!!!
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I have noticed a new trend where RS-232 protocols supply a way to go to a preset, but not to save it. The new Marantz XM tuners are notable in this. The only way to store a preset is to go through the front panel menus, which lack necessary anchors to navigate bnlindy via protocol. This is all well and good for an exposed tuner, but if it's buried in a rack in the basement, it's a problem.

So what I have done is to say, "to heck with the built in presets." I make a persistent CHAR array to store my own preest values, and call them by the direct station select function. I store them by reading the current station value from the display output. I provide feedback by comparing my preset strings with the current display, and lighting that preset button up if they match, and I have dynamic labels on the buttons showing the freuency and band (and, in the case of XM or Sirius, you can put the station name as well). They can now be completely manipulated via a touch panel, and the limitations of protocol no longer apply.

You might be better served to take a similar tack. Forget what the divcie and and can't do on it's own - let your master do that work.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Spire_Jeff,

Which Comm module are you using? the "Onkyo_TX-DS989,DTR-91,RDC-7_Comm.tko"?
    Could you please let us know. Thanks.
    I sure hope not!!! Plenty of bugs - I use my own code instead.
  • Thanks for the replies. I need to use IR for this particular project but use serial as well for this receiver. I have the Excel spreadsheet from Onkyo and use it as a reference. Following the spreadsheet, I tried to make the rcvr go to a preset but it wouldn't work. I had thought of setting it up to tune directly to a station, but then if the user changes the preset, they will be surprised when it doesn't work correctly.

In the speadsheet it cites this example to tune to preset 14:

Ex: Preset No.14 Direct Preset (Tuner Select) is [D26D0B][D202D5][D202D8]

So my macro had Input:Tuner <pause> #1<pause> #4
    but this never worked.
    I will try the serial way as well next time I am onsite, but for this project I need to get it to work via IR and have had no luck so far.

For serial we use our own Integra module and it has apparently worked very well. I don't think I have done a project using it yet though, so I can't speak to the tuner preset functionality.

If anyone knows what I am doing wrong with the IR commands let me know.
    Thanks!
    Paul