Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

soundfiles

Here's a strange thing and i'm wondering am i the only one.
To play a sound file in a G4 panel i use SEND_COMMAND TP, "'@SOU-INTERCOM.WAV'". No result.
When i try SEND_COMMAND TP, "'@SOU-INTERCOM.wav'" ( watch the lowercase .wav)
everything is working.
It happens with different MVP-8400 panels and with different firmware versions.
Anyone know this strange thing?
The wave file is saved on my computer as INTERCOM.WAV
I'm using tpdesgin 2.60 build 509

Thanks a lot

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    What is the actual file name of the sound clip? NetLinx masters use Unix file conventions - they are case sensitive.
  • Thanks for the reaction Dave,

I'm a little confused now. My computer now say's the file is INTERCOM.wav so in that case you're right but i'm sure when i tried it the first time the name was INTERCOM.WAV.
    I changed the upper to lower cases extension later. More strange I copied the file from a other client en i know for sure it was upper case at the strart and it didn't work. After a while i changed only in netlinx studio the filename to INTERCOM.wav and i works without changing the filename. As i said i did it later because i was running out of time for this project. I will try it again if i have a little time to spend.
    Thank
    I don't theink the directory listing of the master actually reflects the proper case of the filename. It reports it in all caps even if it really isn't. This probably could use a little playing around with to find out exactly what is going on.
  • vincenvincen Posts: 526
    DHawthorne wrote:
    I don't theink the directory listing of the master actually reflects the proper case of the filename. It reports it in all caps even if it really isn't. This probably could use a little playing around with to find out exactly what is going on.

Listing of the master is actually absolutely not involved as that file is stored in the panel with TP4 files so you have none direct way to see real name of file in Touch Panel ;)

Vince
    vincen wrote:
    Listing of the master is actually absolutely not involved as that file is stored in the panel with TP4 files so you have none direct way to see real name of file in Touch Panel ;)

Vince
    You're right; not sure where my head was going at that moment :).