Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Residential Forum

Video Processor

Does anyone have any recommendations on a video processor that can be easily controlled via AMX? We are trying to do some picture in picture type applications, but we want the ability to display 3 or 4... maybe even 5 .... different inputs. Think of a sports nut that wants to watch a bunch of games at once.

Jeff

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I think the RGB Spectrum products may suit your application. I haven't used them, they just spam my e-mail a lot :). They used to have the same sales rep as AMX in my area.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Thanks Dave. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Jeff
  • Hi Jeff,
    I have 3 RGB spectrums on campus(check the RGB spectrun web-site and you'll even see one of my rooms) They work really well but can be a dog to program.Not hard but time consuming for all the functions these things do. Extron also has a box that works well.Take a look at the PIP-444. :)
  • Extron MGP-464 is also a great product. I have used the PIP444 and its a nice unit. With the MGP you can link up to 3 units together and have 12 images on screen at once.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Thanks Thomas, I'll check out the Extron piece as well. Thanks for the heads up on the time involved in programming as well.

Jeff