Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

Puzzled by popup page show & hide effects

Specifically, I haven't been able to figure out what the "show(or hide) effect X(or Y) pos" does in TPD4.

I have a situation where I would like a popup to slide from a position that has 90% of the popup off panel. I presumed that the show effect X and show effect Y positon paramater would enable me to accomplish this.

So far I haven't seen any effect whatsoever on a test popup using a variety of coordinate values for the show and hide x position.

Can anyone explain how this paramater is supposed to effect popup transition effects. The manual is rather vague on this....

Thanks,

Rich Abel

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    It's the begin point for slide from left, top, bottom or right. It allows you to precisely pick where the pop up slides from and to.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    In other words, the final location of the popup is where you placed it in the panel file, and the position for the effect is the origin (if I am understanding Vin correctly; it's not a property I have played around with).
  • puzzling popup paramaters

Now I see. Thanks for the clairification.

Do you know what the "reset position on show" does?

Rich
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I believe that allows you to drag the pop up with you finger or stylus and re-position it. Like in the computer control "Scroll Screen" pop up.

I been looking in the help file but haven't seen it referenced yet.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Reset position on show is used in conjunction with the button the lets you drag the popup around the screen. If you reset the position on show, the popups always initially display were you originally coded them. If you don't, then the popup stays were it was last dragged.

In all of my time programming, I have only used the drag popups function for one device. That was for the control popup for PTZ cameras while in full screen mode.

Jeff
  • JoeJoe Posts: 99
    If you want to test these features out and don't have a Modero panel handy (I never seem to), you can save the panel and then open it in G4 Panel Preview. You can tweak your X,Y values to get things perfect.

Joe