Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

BUG? Netlinx Studio 2.5.0.163 - Quickload IR Mapping still broken?

I've had problems with the Quickloader incorrectly mapping IR files for some time now with several versions of Studio up to the current one. When I notified AMX about the bug, they told me they could not reproduce it.

Just to demonstrate, I used the Workspace wizard to create a simple workspace with the master file 'main' below:

PROGRAM_NAME='main'
DEFINE_DEVICE
DVD = 5001:5:1
DBS = 5001:6:1

DEFINE_PROGRAM
// Do Nothing

I add two IR files to the workspace and after compiling the program, they are mappable to the device addresses listed as above. After mapping the IRs, I quickload the active system to send it to the master, and the two IR files show up in the list mapped correctly.

Now, if I want to change the device number of those devices to say:
DVD = 5001:7:1
DBS = 5001:8:1

Recompile. Mappings in the workspace view adjusted themselves fine - good. Quickload the active system. No problem, mapping on those IRs has correctly updated as 5001:7:1 and 5001:8:1.

Now, here's where the problem comes in. Let's say I change the addresses of my devices to:
DVD = 5001:5:2
DBS = 5001:6:2

Recompile. Mappings in the workspace view still look good and reflect the new changes. Quickload the active system as before and look at the mappings. They are now 5001:5:1 and 5001:6:1. Everything updated but the system number which should be 2. Exit Netlinx Studio and reopen the same workspace. Now Quickload the same system again. Mappings updated correctly now. *scratch head*

I reuse a lot of code and multisystem workspace files, so I run into this problem quite often. Many of our jobs have multiple masters and sometimes complicated mapping. I am constantly having to shut down and relaunching Studio to force it to update the mappings when I change them in situations like the example above.

Is there something that I may be doing wrong or in the wrong order? Try it out for yourself and let me know if you find it to be a bug or not.

Thanks for listening!

Eric

AMX Programmer
MHS Technologies
Newland, NC

Comments

• Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    i can't really reproduce it either... Maybe i'm not doing something because of some sort of "routine"?
  • Options
    In the file transfer window, please have a look at right bottom to the "Remember last items transfered".
    If it is checked, it is very easy to download "old" files by accident. In most cases, I have unchecked this, so if you do a quick load you always have the most recent files in the list.
  • Options
    I may have had the 'remember' button checked, but I always simply hit 'remove all' before quickloading, so it shouldn't 'remember' should it?

Eric
  • Options
    I just tried playing around with the 'remember' button checked and unchecked with no difference in how things work (still broken). I did find something interesting, though. If I click 'add' and manually select what I want to add, the mappings are correct. The problem is with 'quickload'. At least this narrows things down for me.

Just as an aside, I don't believe this problem is at all related to a corrupted installation of Studio. In fact, this is a new laptop I'm using this month, with newly installed AMX apps, yet I had the same quickload problem on my previous laptop, and the one before that, too (different brands of laptop even). I don't use Micro$oft's file settings and transfer wizard, so I'm not pulling in corrupted registry settings or anything. I'm not sure why it doesn't work for me, but... *shrug*

Eric