Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Page Tracking and Popups

I'm attempting to use page tracking to track which popup was last turned on by a panel. The system will have 2 moderos, one of them wireless. In the event it drops communications with the master, I want to be able to resync it with the hardwired one. I don't physically have the panels, so I'm using 2 G3 panels to simulate the situation.
With page tracking turned on, the panels will send that info to the master. They will also send any KEYB- or KEYP- info. They will not send 'PPON-<popup name>. I can see the info in Debug, but it does not register in the buffer.
1. Am I doing something wrong?
2. Is this a problem with G3 panels only?
3. Is there a way to make this work?

Thanks!

Joe

Comments

• Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    I can?t confirm if it works with a real G3 panel but I can confirm that the page tracking (including popups) works with a G3 web panel. I don?t know what your code looks like but this works for capturing the page flips and popups in the STRING handler or in a buffer.
    DEFINE_DEVICE

dvTP	= 10128:1:0  //G3 web panel

DEFINE_VARIABLE

cTPBuffer[1000]

DEFINE_START

CREATE_BUFFER dvTP,cTPBuffer

DEFINE_EVENT

DATA_EVENT[dvTP] {

ONLINE: {
          SEND_COMMAND DATA.DEVICE, 'TPAGEON'
       }
       STRING: {

SEND_STRING 0, DATA.TEXT
       }
    }

• Options
    JoeJoe Posts: 99
    Discovered the problem...

Thanks for the input Joe. I talked with tech support this morning, and Bob told me that since I'm doing popup control from code, it won't echo back the commands. When I do an on-panel popup, it sends the string back to the buffer.

Joe
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    That was one I didn't know. I guess it's not too horrible - whatever variables you are setting when a page flips you'll just have to set on your code flip too. It seems to me they could have done better though, it's annoying to have to track it both ways, and it's not true feedback that way - if there is a momentary connection glitch, and the command to flip pages doesn't go through for some reason, you don't really know the state it's in for real.