Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Residential Forum

Security system for Landmark?

Does anyone know which security system can be interfaced/controlled with Landmark. Will GE's Advent Home Navigator work with Landmark?

Thanks for any replys.
Steve Chase chasers03@bellsouth.net

Comments

• glr-ftiglr-fti Posts: 286
    I've used HAI and Apex Destiny. There are Phastlink devices available for both of these.
  • Thank you

Thank you I will check out their systems....Steve
  • davegrovdavegrov Posts: 114
    Apex Destiny

The Apex Destiny set up very nicely in Landmark.
  • I like the GE Abvent Panel a lot. It supports up to 8 partitions with individualized text feedback per partition. The Landmark built-in module also supports FOB key codes and contact/sensor feedback. You can emulate the whole alarm panel keypad in a touch panel with 2 way communications.
  • Advent Home Navigator automation module for Landmark?

Ricardo, you replied as follows to me........ "

I like the GE Advent Panel a lot. It supports up to 8 partitions with individualized text feedback per partition. The Landmark built-in module also supports FOB key codes and contact/sensor feedback. You can emulate the whole alarm panel keypad in a touch panel with 2 way communications."

However Rick as best I can tell from GE Tech folks the Home Navigator Landmark / Automation Module with RJ 45 connectors for Landmark connection never got developed past the Beta test stage. Perhaps this is what you have seen? You imply that the module is built into the mother board. Is there any way you can tell me more and if it is an automation module then what is the part no.??

The bottom line is that I have a Home Navigator Beta test system which has one way communication (only to Landmark and not from). My mother board is in need of repair and I am wondering if I should invest $250 to stay with Home Navigator considering that the automation module is not available anymore???

Thank you for all your help........Steve
  • Steve,

The module that I was referring about that is built-in in Landmark is the software module. In other words, Landmark has all the software to control the ITI panel (GE Abvent), but I think you already know that. If not, open LANDMARK, go to FILE menu, select PROGRAM SETTINGS and SUPPORTED MANUFACTURERS. Check the ITI box.

You will need a hardware module called "PRINTER/ AUTOMATION MODULE" provided by GE to make the link between the Landmark and the GE Abvent Panel. The same PRINTER/AUTOMATION MODULE works with Netlinx as well.

The Landmark/ITI software side supports feedback, as I mentioned before, for up to 8 partitions. I have one 30,000 sf project that has been running the Abvent Panel for the past 4 years with 160 zones, 3 partitions and 12 CV10 TP3 AMX Panels. I also have a Netlinx project with 7 TP4 Modero panels running the GE Abvent panel.

I don't know if the PRINTER/AUTOMATION MODULE hardware that GE sells is a beta version. But I have used 3 of them without problems with Landmark and Netlinx. You may want to call GE again and ask about the PRINTER/AUTOMATION MODULE.

Sincerely,

Ricardo
  • GE Advent H N Automation Module

Thank you Ricardo for helping me. You said the hardware module called "PRINTER/ AUTOMATION MODULE" provided by GE was what is used. I am told this is a part no. of 60-783-02 which has a RS 232 connector and two RJ 45 connectors labeled as unused.

How are you making the connection to the Landmark hub?

And do I understand that one of those examples of H N security use is intergrated with Landmark automation?

It is starting to sound like I should stay with my Home Nav. system and add the automation module assuming it will connect with the Landmark Hub. My Beta test H N module connects as a Phast Link. So I would assume I will need a serial card to connect with an RS 232?

Steve
  • Steve,

I am sorry to say that the PRINTER/AUTOMATION MODULE won't work with Landmark. I have one at hand and brought to my office and connected it to a Landmark CF-10 cardframe and unfortunatelly both CAT-5 ports are unused or don't work as you stated before. The SERIAL port works fine for Netlinx and this is the way I am using this module now in current Netlinx projects. Apparently, they disabled the PHAST integration, even though inside the PRINTER/AUTOMATION MODULE board it still says Phast and has the 2 cat-5 ports.

I guess your only option is to have your Beta module repaired if you want to keep the ITI panel or change your security panel. I would call AMX first and inquire about the other manufacturers as well (Apex, Europex, etc). and see if they require Phast Modules as well, and if the Phast modules are still available. The RS-232 option from Landmark won't work since you would have to redesign all the communications in a Landmark Comm Generic Driver and would never have proper feedback. It looks like Landmark support is also being discontinued.

Sincerely,

Ricardo