Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Help to understand the report!

In the report on a device commands pass all, except for play!!! How correctly to make a command pley? Below that that is written in the report!

Play
Issues a play command with a track number as the data. If track number 0 is
specified, then a normal play command is issued. If a non-zero track number
is specified, then a play track command with the given track number is
issued.
Data[0]: MSB of the track number
Data[1]: LSB of the track number
** Note: The data associated with this command is not currently used.
SYNC COUNT ID OPCODE DATA CK_SUM
0xFE 4 0x02 0x04 Data Varies

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I think we need more information to help you. What device is this? Are you controlling it with your own code, or an AMX provided module? Is that message coming from the device itself or your controller?
  • LehaLeha Posts: 37
    Rotel
    DHawthorne wrote:
    I think we need more information to help you. What device is this? Are you controlling it with your own code, or an AMX provided module? Is that message coming from the device itself or your controller?

Device Rotel_DVD_RDV_1092, other commands from this report work, I cannot generate a command "Play". I try to send a command:
    SEND_COMMAND dvRotel,"$FE, $04, $02, $04, $00, $0A"
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    You want to use SEND_STRING instead. SEND_COMMAND is only useful for controlling an AMX device. To talk directly through a port you should use SEND_STRING.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I don't have exact data on that model, but your string looks like it's the correct syntax for typical Rotel protocol. You are going to have to check the protocol document again - I suspect your play command needs another parameter. Some players require, for example, that you specify the direction, like play forward, or play reverse, or whether it's fast speed or normal speed. I'm afraid I can't be more specific than that without having the protocol document.
  • LehaLeha Posts: 37
    Note
    DHawthorne wrote:
    I don't have exact data on that model, but your string looks like it's the correct syntax for typical Rotel protocol. You are going to have to check the protocol document again - I suspect your play command needs another parameter. Some players require, for example, that you specify the direction, like play forward, or play reverse, or whether it's fast speed or normal speed. I'm afraid I can't be more specific than that without having the protocol document.

The mistake in a command which I seems to me send, as I wrote above SEND_COMMAND dvRotel, " $FE, $04, $02, $04, $00, $0A ", here in value cout is specified 4, and at me cout ($02, $04, $00, $0A ",)... It turns out 4 without the control sum. Possibly it turns out SEND_COMMAND dvRotel, " $FE, $04, $02, $04, $08 ", I am fast it I shall check up.
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    mpullin wrote:
    You want to use SEND_STRING instead. SEND_COMMAND is only useful for controlling an AMX device. To talk directly through a port you should use SEND_STRING.
    You're sending strings of hx characters directly to a device, so you clearly want SEND_STRING as opposed to SEND_COMMAND. Just want to save you some headache, I STILL make this mistake occassionally.