Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Converting Axcess to Netlinx

Hello,

I'm a little new to the AMX world, but I've learned a lot so far with the help of the forums here.

My question relates to converting older Axcess code over to NetLinx code. I have inherited a system using an Axcent3 master and I was (fortunately) able to get the source off of it. When I brought the code into NetLinx studio and compiled it as an Axcess source file, it compiled, as I would have expected. Since we might be switch over to Netlinx, i tried to compile it as a NetLinx source file, just to see what would happen, and more to my surprise, it also successfully compiled. I thought I would at least have to change code like:
DEFINE_DEVICE
TP = 128

Doesn't NetLinx require the d:p:s format? I thought this would cause a failure when compiling under NetLinx, but it seemed to pass. Any thoughts on this? Have I missed something?

Thanks for your understanding and help!

Comments

• Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    jswilson wrote:
    Doesn't NetLinx require the d: p:s format? I thought this would cause a failure when compiling under NetLinx, but it seemed to pass. Any thoughts on this? Have I missed something?
    If a device is declared in a NetLinx program with just the device number, the NetLinx Compiler assumes that it has a Port number of 1 and a System number of 0. Check out tech note 553 (Converting AXCESS to NetLinx) for further info.
  • Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.