Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

NuVo Zero

So we go the NuVo XM/AM/FM/WB tuner. Very slick piece, I like it. I've run into one problem though. I can't see to get the "ZERO" command working on the XM piece while direct tuning. This is the command I'm sending, followed by a carriage return:
*T'B'ZERO

Any ideas why it isn't working?

Comments

• Options
    jjames wrote:
    So we go the NuVo XM/AM/FM/WB tuner. Very slick piece, I like it. I've run into one problem though. I can't see to get the "ZERO" command working on the XM piece while direct tuning. This is the command I'm sending, followed by a carriage return:
    *T'B'ZERO

Any ideas why it isn't working?
    I don't know the protocol and your code syntax, but you may run into a formatting problem, because the ' the compiler interprets as begin or end of a ASCII string, and gets confused.
    Send_String dvNuVo," '*T'B'ZERO',13 "

You may have to note the string the following:
    Send_String dvNuVo," '*T',$27,'B',$27,'ZERO',13 "

• Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Thanks for the reply. I failed to note the actual syntax, this may help.
    DEFINE_VARIABLE
    VOLATILE CHAR cTUNER_B[3] = "$27,$42,$27"

Then the cTUNER_B is inserted where the 'B' would go. So it's essentialy
    SEND_STRING,"'*T',cTUNER_B,'ZERO',$0D"

• Options
    OK, NetLinx syntax looks good. What is sent on the RS232 (Device Notifiaction)?
  • Options
    Line      4 :: String To [5001:7:1]-[*T'B'ZERO$0D] - 09:21:31

• Options
    OK, it's sent what we say, so now we need to go to the protocol...
  • Options
    Here's the protocol - it's pretty straight forward. Maybe I'm missing something, but all the numbers work except for zero. It's quite annoying to say the least.
  • Options
    Hm.... for me everything looks good for the ZERO. Other Numbers / digits working?
  • Options
    Yup! Everything works fine except for the Zero. I guess it will be time to try calling their techsupport. Grrrr! Hopefully someone has that used this piece before could chip in.
  • Options
    But you can say them "Hey, don't ask and tell me the common stupid protocol things. 2 ACE Experts have checked that" :D
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    I'm not sure what's going on here either jj. Try using a zero instead of an O for the last letter of ZERO :p
  • Options
    Got It!

OMG!!! Are you ready for this crap? To send a Zero to the XM module, you need to send 'TEN' and not 'ZERO'. However, for the AM/FM/WB module, 'ZERO' works fine. Grrr - it's a shame they didn't document this. I happened to stumble across this by accident, trying to figure what else "zero" could equate to.

So, BEWARE!!! Use *T'x'TEN instead of *T'x'ZERO for a the number zero on the XM piece of the NuVo tuner (where x is either "A" or "B").

What a waste of time!
  • Options
    jjames wrote:
    OMG!!! Are you ready for this crap? To send a Zero to the XM module, you need to send 'TEN' and not 'ZERO'. However, for the AM/FM/WB module, 'ZERO' works fine. Grrr - it's a shame they didn't document this. I happened to stumble across this by accident, trying to figure what else "zero" could equate to.

So, BEWARE!!! Use *T'x'TEN instead of *T'x'ZERO for a the number zero on the XM piece of the NuVo tuner (where x is either "A" or "B").

What a waste of time!
    *Mega LOL* ..... for this they have to pay for a sixpack for each of us :D
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Some of these protocol developers need to get outside more ...