Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Multiple panels, Same dev array

Thanks to the help I've received from this forum, I'm now pretty close to having our new system designed, but I had a question on dev arrays.

The way we would like to set the system up is to have 3 panels; one simple panel, then two panels with all the controls on them. The simple panel will contain a subset of the controls on the more complex panels. The simple panel will be an old G3 panel, while the full panels will both be newer G4 panels (not sure which yet). So, the new panels will be connected to a Netlinx master ( likely an NI-4100, my boss has decided to upgrade ) through Ethernet, and the master will have an Axcent3 slaved to it. The G3 panel will be connected to the Axlink bus. My question is, in code, can I make a dev array of these three panels, and have the code just respond to touches from the dev array, even though the panels have different setups (2 the same, and 1 different)? I presume that, as long as they are sending the same values when the same buttons are pressed, this shouldn't be an issue, but I wanted to be sure.

Additionally, as a double-check, can I plug multiple Axlink devices into one Axlink port? An ABS is not necessary for this, right? Under my setup, there will be an Axlink cable between the Netlinx master and the Axcent3 slave, but I also need to plug in the G3 panel cable, and I think I can "double it up" on one of the ports on either controller, but I wanted to be sure. I think if I had more Axlink devices, I'd be inclined to do it through an ABS, but with just one more, I'd like to avoid it if I can.

Thanks for all the help.

Comments

• Options
    jswilson wrote:
    I presume that, as long as they are sending the same values when the same buttons are pressed, this shouldn't be an issue, but I wanted to be sure.

Yes 8^)
  • Options
    ColinColin Posts: 51
    Doubling Up Axlink Devices

Just be aware of the power consumption of the devices and if you need to add a power supply (probably for the panel at least) make sure you isolate the 12V Rails - they don't like being summed together.
  • Options
    Great, thanks guys!