Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

URC's MX-3000 and AMX

Could this remote be used as a user interface for an AMX system?

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Yes, after a fashion. Learn in your AMX codes and use something like the AXD-IR+. You will need to get your hands on an actual AMX IR remote to capture, then your controller will interpret the IR just like any other devchan event.

This is strictly one-way IR, no feedback. It seems to me, using the URC product to control an AMX is a waste of the product's capabilities. If the project is simple enough that this suffices as an interface, perhaps you don't need a controller at all.
  • Options
    flcusatflcusat Posts: 309
    DHawthorne wrote:
    Yes, after a fashion. Learn in your AMX codes and use something like the AXD-IR+. You will need to get your hands on an actual AMX IR remote to capture, then your controller will interpret the IR just like any other devchan event.

This is strictly one-way IR, no feedback. It seems to me, using the URC product to control an AMX is a waste of the product's capabilities. If the project is simple enough that this suffices as an interface, perhaps you don't need a controller at all.

Thanks, but I was refering to use it with RF as a user interface for another room like a bedroom that will have some sources from the main rack to control them. Still won't have any feedback but it could be a solution for small rooms.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    flcusat wrote:
    Thanks, but I was refering to use it with RF as a user interface for another room like a bedroom that will have some sources from the main rack to control them. Still won't have any feedback but it could be a solution for small rooms.

Isn't the RF unit for that just a receiver with IR outputs? I've done what you are talking about, but mostly I just parallel the non-AMX remote with the AMX and let them both control it. It's rare that feedback is an issue with simple systems anyway.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I just did a big system with touch panels and backup MX-700s.

we had a little trouble using the NI-700s IR recievers. It seems the AMX codes you get of remote central cause problems in the NI-700 if you are simultaneously recieving IR in and 'TO-ing' IR out from the IR port of the NI-700.

I programmed in a few delays and that helped solve the problem.

Overall, I was very pleased with the results.

ejm
  • Options
    flcusatflcusat Posts: 309
    How about using the MX-3000 with a AXR-RF(418Mhz) to send triggers to the NI controller?
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    flcusat wrote:
    How about using the MX-3000 with a AXR-RF(418Mhz) to send triggers to the NI controller?

I've done that too with a RTI remote using the AMX wireless codes. It works like a champ. Some people on this board helped me through it.