Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Module for Polycom VSX-7000s

Anywhere can i find the module for Polycom VSX-7000s? Thanks.

Comments

• The modules available for download from AMX for the VSX-8000 work with the VSX-7000 series. Last time I looked, there were two flavors available - the NetLinx module and the Duet module.
  • sethollesetholle Posts: 66
    Polycom Vsc7000

Don't bother with the module, it doesn't work at that well and is pretty limited as to what it offers.
    Simply use the simple ascii code that polycom provides. It works very very well.
    I have done quite a few of them, with detailed control of cursors, ip control everything.
  • anhdoquyanhdoquy Posts: 55
    Polycom ascii

What you mean by using Polycom Ascii codes? Can you give some examples? Many thanks everyone outthere.
  • GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    The VSX-8000 java module works with the VSX-7000e if you use the IP mode - couldn't get the rs232 side of the mod to work.

It may be easier to just write the code.

Proud Member of the HLM - Hate locked modules (tko).
  • WazzaWazza Posts: 8
    If you download the VSX8000 module from AMX, in the zip file you will find a PDF from Polycom with the API that contains all the commands in the simple Polycom ASCI format. I started using the module but then reverted back to the API due the ease of use and larger amount of usable commands.
  • JeffJeff Posts: 374
    I use the Duet module, because it allows me to use the channels and levels, which I found to be much more effective than talking straight to the device. There are several things I wanted to do that aren't in the channels and/or levels, so I use the PASSTHRU command and talk straight to the device using the Polycom API.

As long as you dont expect the Duet module to do everything, you'll be fine. Just appreciate that it does some stuff better.

J
  • JustinCJustinC Posts: 74
    I haven't used the new duet module but i know the non-duet version doesn't work correctly b/c Polycom told AMX the new codecs used the same commands and they just updated the old version.

I ended up writing my own. I just don't have it documented as how all the commands interface.
  • stupid question. in what section of the amx site i can download the module for vsx-8000? i've search everywhere and couldn't find it... :(
  • cristibad wrote:
    stupid question. in what section of the amx site i can download the module for vsx-8000? i've search everywhere and couldn't find it... :(

In the Inconcert :

URL: http://www.amx.com/inconcert/trednet.asp?page=device

You'll need to have a login tho.
  • Prodigal wrote:
    In the Inconcert :

URL: http://www.amx.com/inconcert/trednet.asp?page=device

You'll need to have a login tho.

thank you !
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    I used the Duet module with no problems. I thought it worked quite well, with the exception of the address book not being as fast as I would like and no ability to import the users database into the Polycom, but that is beyond the scope of the module.
    Paul
  • ColinColin Posts: 51
    Example Strings

SEND_STRING dvCODEC,"'button callhangup',13,10"
    SEND_STRING dvCODEC,"'button volume+',13,10"
    SEND_STRING dvCODEC,"'button volume-',13,10"

Hope this helps with what you are after