Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

WebControl Not Working after IE7 Upgrade

Has anyone else experienced the WebControl Panels not working after an upgrade to IE7? When the actual window pops up for a panel you get a red X and the following error:

Line: 72
Char: 4
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method

Also, Firefox does not work either. I have tried both with the latest Applet runtime (v.6.1) and with a downgraded 1.4.2 runtime (as I read that might help).

Thanks for any insight.

Comments

• Options
    I saw a technote on that recently. I'll dig it up and post for you. I think the workaround was to use VNC. We use tightVNC without any difficulties

--John
  • Options
    Did a search a minute ago, didn't find it. This time I used a different search term and Bam!

http://www.amx.com/techsupport/techNote.asp?id=804

Edit: Actually it was related to a problem with a Microsoft security update (Microsoft KB916281). Still, hope this helps you out.

--John
  • Options
    nhercnherc Posts: 34
    Thanks for the Tech. Note, but will this ever be fixed to work without the work around?

Also, despite using a java applet (for multiplatform support I assume) will this ever support Firefox or Opera as well as IE?

Thanks Again.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    It may not be officially supported, but I have used Firefox with web control successfully.
  • Options
    nhercnherc Posts: 34
    Really? Do you have any specifics? My Firefox install only pulls up a blank new window where the panel should show up. It does not seem to error out however, so perhaps with the right Java runtime it'll function?