Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

Is it possible to control NIs without touchpanel?

I would like to control AMX NIs using a PC... but I dun want to buy a touchpanel and vnc into it. Is it possible that there is a web server/vnc server inside the NIs?

Thanks a lot

Comments

• REBUILD_EVENTREBUILD_EVENT Posts: 127
    winstonma wrote:
    I would like to control AMX NIs using a PC... but I dun want to buy a touchpanel and vnc into it. Is it possible that there is a web server/vnc server inside the NIs?

Thanks a lot

you can create a design using tpdesign3, then File > "save as html" and then FTP transfer to your netlinx master. access it thru your favourite web browser. the only thing that limits you is the graphical possibilities of tp3design

here we even use a selfmade-software that connects to the netlinx master thru ip connection
  • winstonmawinstonma Posts: 45
    Thanks for the reply. Can you specify that how you use the self-made software to connect to the NetLiux Master?
    winstonma wrote:
    Thanks for the reply. Can you specify that how you use the self-made software to connect to the NetLiux Master?

IP_SERVER_OPEN and friends on the netlinx master using a port above 10000 somewhere.
    from the software we connect thru IP Sockets are programmed. this is done to control the controller in a 'live mode', the settings and stuff are transferred as xml file over ftp and then parsed into Structs, Arrays and so on. once done this, the pc doesn't need to be connected any more.

i don't know very much about this, because it's my mate programming this. but I can find out anything, if you have a specific question.
  • winstonmawinstonma Posts: 45
    Since the original approach I think you are doing is... capture the packet sent by the panel... and develop a program that send out the packet which 'pretend to be the panel'... let me read more on that IP_SERVER_OPEN

By the way I read the code from regarding to the web server on NI-700... they originally have a default web server inside the panel... I wonder if I will lost the original web server... if I send the html file in...
  • dthorsondthorson Posts: 103
    I don't think there is an actual webserver in the panel.

When you use G4 Control, you can VNC into the actual panel, not a webserver.
    winstonma wrote:
    Since the original approach I think you are doing is... capture the packet sent by the panel... and develop a program that send out the packet which 'pretend to be the panel'... let me read more on that IP_SERVER_OPEN

By the way I read the code from regarding to the web server on NI-700... they originally have a default web server inside the panel... I wonder if I will lost the original web server... if I send the html file in...

not actually pretending to be a panel, its more, while we are starting a project we use our java software that sends strings to the netlinx master because it is easier this way than it would be programming a touchpanel and transferring the file a hundred times.

with IP_SERVER_OPEN we open a local port on the netlinx master (above 10000), then our software connects to the ip of the netlinx and the port number and sends HTTP-Strings i suppose. these are received in the DATA_EVENT[IP_PORT]

read in the netlinx studio help file about "Internet Protocol (IP) Communication (Advanced Programmers)" IP_SERVER_OPEN is actually a good starting point.
    this thread might be interesting, too: http://amxforums.com/showthread.php?t=2006