Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

netlinx debugger problems

adysadys Posts: 395
Hi all

My project is growing and growing, and from some reason, the debugger makes me hard time...

There are modules that I wrote, that I can't debug. It wont stop in break point of a running code, no matter what I do.
On the other side, some modules that I wrote can be debug with no problems.

Some of the code is out of sync after fresh upload.

Sometimes the var watch show different vars than I ask, sometimes its with empty value ( this happens a LOT)

What happend?

thanks

Ady.

Comments

• Options
    NMarkRobertsNMarkRoberts Posts: 455
    If you search this forum you will find lots of information about the weaknesses of the debugger.

The most likely cause is that you have two instances of one module. The debugger doesn't handle that very well at all.

You may find it works better if you slim down your code to just the modules you need for the testing you are doing, even if you don't have multiple instances.
  • Options
    adysadys Posts: 395
    If you search this forum you will find lots of information about the weaknesses of the debugger.

The most likely cause is that you have two instances of one module. The debugger doesn't handle that very well at all.

You may find it works better if you slim down your code to just the modules you need for the testing you are doing, even if you don't have multiple instances.

Thanks !

that exactly what happened...

BTW - I am using virtual device naming convetion as my systems:

vdvSystem5 = 33001:1:5

vdvStstem6 = 33001:1:6

is this also can make problems and to drive him crazy?
    Maybe it better to give a unique number and system 0?
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The system 0 notation in the device declaration is just a shortcut for "this system." Duplicate devices, but on different systems, don't cause any problems; I do it all the time.