Pulse [dvd,1]
}
}
//++++++++++++++++++++++++++
So What I Must To Write In The Define_program

Comments

• Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    True feedback for IR is not possible since it is 1-way communication and there is no hard connection to the device. Any feedback would just be 'guessing' and would change if someone pushed a button on the unit manually. I just change the colour of the button when it's touched and have it return to normal once released.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    There was a time when I used to try to fake IR feedback, but I have since decided it is not worth the trouble, and gives a false impression that can bite you when it's wrong. I make all IR buttons momentary now.
  • Options
    NMarkRobertsNMarkRoberts Posts: 455
    Yeah. Faking feedback is a very entertaining intellectual exercise and a complete waste of time.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Yeah. Faking feedback is a very entertaining intellectual exercise and a complete waste of time.
    Yeah,

I remember all the Pachinko logic in the old Axcess days of...

If your VCR ffwds while holding the FFWD but stops when you let go, then use Function VCR1

if you VCR ffwds when you hit the FFWD button and keeps on doing it if you let go, then use VCR2

If your VCR pauses while holding the pause button and fast forwards while holding on the use VCR3

or whatever it was...

Thank the heavens above for at least a few discrete power on/off commands.
  • Options
    SensivaSensiva Posts: 211
    If you insest...
    How I Can Make Feedback For Ir Devices?
    So What I Must To Write In The Define_program

First you have to define a flag of the player current transport action
    DEFINE_CONSTANT
    INTEGER PLAYING = 1
    INTEGER STOPPED = 2
    INTEGER PAUSED = 3

DEFINE_VARIABLE
    INTEGER CURRENT_TRANSPORT

DEFINE_EVENT
    BUTTON_EVENT[dvTP,21] //PLAY BUTTON
    {
      PUSH:
      {
        PULSE[DVD,1]
        CURRENT_TRANSPORT = PLAYING
      }
    }

DEFINE_PROGRAM
    [dvTP,21]=CURRENT_TRANSPORT=PLAYING //THIS BUTTON IS ON ONLY IF THIS FLAG IS EQUAL TO PLAYING

This is JUST an example of how to write feedback statements for IR devices, but how to fake IR feedback is another story, besides as gentlemen here said before, it is a complete waste of time.
  • Options
    ericmedley wrote:
    Yeah,

I remember all the Pachinko logic in the old Axcess days of...

If your VCR ffwds while holding the FFWD but stops when you let go, then use Function VCR1

if you VCR ffwds when you hit the FFWD button and keeps on doing it if you let go, then use VCR2

If your VCR pauses while holding the pause button and fast forwards while holding on the use VCR3

or whatever it was...

Thank the heavens above for at least a few discrete power on/off commands.

are there sources on the web to get these discrete commands?
  • Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    These are 'calls' from the within the AMX code. You can find the info out about them in the studio help section.
  • Options
    I've been bitten on the "foolproof" IR feedback myself and agree that it's not worth trying to do. Discrete commands and workarounds are really a better way to go if you can.

Rebuild_Event asked about where to get them. What I do for discretes is to use RemoteCentral.com to find the discretes for the Phillips Pronto (or any RC5 format). You can then cut and paste the IR Hex code into IREdit to convert it to an .irl file for AMX. Sometimes the manufacturers will post their hex code data that you can enter directly into IREdit also.

--John
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    are there sources on the web to get these discrete commands?

If you're referring to Descrete IR commands, then consider yourself now endowed with a hunting license.

If you have the AMX IR database and attendant program IR Edit, you'll find a large selection of IR remote captures. However, you'll also find that they commonly only capture the remote that comes with a particular piece of gear. If that remote had no discrete functions then they're not going to be in the file.

Some remotes have advanced functions that activate when you hit a series of buttons or hold a particular button down for a long period of time. AMX sometimes include these dicrete commands as well. Those might include Power On/Off instead of Power Toggle, Go directly to a particular video input as opposed to just scrolling through all the inputs, things like that. the only way is to go fishing through the files, upload them to the IR emmitter and give them a whack.

Now, another valuable resource is www.remotecentral.com

There I quite commonly find myself getting the HEX IR codes directly from the website and importing them to IR Edit.

Remote Central is a wild and wooly place that is not moderated by any known manufacturer. It's totally user-run. So, all information there is to be considered suspect at all times. However, it is a great place to go to get those hard-to-find discrete IR codes that make life much easier.

Some IR controlled devices are just TOADS (Toggle Only Activated Device) and have no discrete codes. (The Phillips TV in my bedroom is one such hellion.) There are other methods of determining whether or not that device is on or off. It gets pretty sketchy beyond this point.

Hope that helps.