Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware MAX by AMX
Options

adysadys Posts: 395
Sometimes when I am tring to play some songs I get the message "zone is offline"

when playing it from the winmax its ok.

Any idea?

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The comm module burped. I forget which button channel it is, but the one you press to get to the zone selection page forces a refresh of the zone information. I have my systems set to do a DO_PUSH on this channel periodically, or if that message is seen coming from the UI module. Rebooting the master generally fixes it too, but isn't the best option on a busy system.
  • Options
    That's interesting Dave. We get the zone offline message a lot. We always end up having to reboot (unplug and plug) the AVP to get it back up again. Occassionally we've been able to fix it by just cycling power on the AVP via the front push button. I haven't had a chance to look to see what's causing it, it's on the (long) list of issues we need to work-around/fix with the MAX module. I assumed it might be hardware related so we were planning on switching the AVP out with a different one on site to see if the problem followed the hardware. So you're saying just DO_PUSHing the setup button periodically on the MAX UI has cleared it for you?

--John
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Yes ... the clincher is the fact that Winmax is working. If the AVP was really off line, Winmax would generate the same error, or nothing would happen at all. It's definitely the comm module. Now, I don't often have this trouble, but that has been what worked.
  • Options
    DHawthorne wrote:
    Yes ... the clincher is the fact that Winmax is working
    That's a good point. The zone can't be offline if Winmax is able to see it. Each time we lose the zone, we've never checked to see if it was available through Winmax.

I've noticed that we tend to have the problem after the client tries to burn a disc to the server and the title isn't recognized. After that the system tends to hang and zone 1 goes offline. I believe the AMX/AMG database issues may have been resolved because we're seeing significantly fewer cases where the title isn't recognized (even with brand new titles). As a result we're seeing the zone offline message less often too. Could be coincidence, but I think it was related to the discs not being identified properly. I'm going to give the DO_PUSH solution a try too. Thanks for the info Dave!

Thanks for bringing that up Ady. Hopefully we'll all be able to get our MAX modules working flawlessly ;).

--John
  • Options
    Thanks guys

I will add a do_push too to solve this problem.
  • Options
    Well , problems is not solve yet...

now I have 2 zones that are offline but can't be played from the WinMax too.

What is this?

I had to restart the AVM, play it from winmax, and only after that I can play it from gui...
  • Options
    Getting back to this problem ....

When I am doing a master update and then reboot, zone becoming offline...

Restarting the TP - solving it.

This is very bad. its mean that every time that the power will go down on a master the zone will go offline (we don't have ups on every master)

I don't undestand why - maybe its asking about a channel in the tp for status?

What is the button that needs to be pushed?

"output" button?