Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions VisualArchitect

Preset Editor Files

Can someone from the support team post the .pxd files shown in the training video? There appear to be files made for different satellite service programming packages and so forth. Those should come pre-loaded in my opinion. There is no sense for someone to re-invent the wheel on this when so many of our users have dish network or direcTv.

Thanks,
Chris

Comments

• HiFiGuyHiFiGuy Posts: 2
    Maybe we should send a copy of Theater Touch Designer to AMX so they can crib it. :D In all seriousness, they might learn a bunch if they went through the training for that and tried to emulate it. I second an earlier comment on Undo, Redo, Copy and Paste. Inexcusable if the program doesn't have these basic functions, readily accessible.
  • Preset Editor Files

The next release of VisualArchitect v1.3, will include sample Radio and TV pxd files that you will be able to modify for your locale. This release should be available via WebUpdate by August 31. Sample PXD files are attached.
  • CT-DallasCT-Dallas Posts: 157
    Doug,
    Thanks for the files. Do you have the DirecTv file that was in the demo video?

Thanks,
    Chris
  • Preset Library Files

Please unzip these files to:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\AMXShare\VASupportFiles\PresetEditor
    This will give you DirecTV, DISHNet, and DFW Radio
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Do you guys have a file containing all the logos with the filenames that are contained in the XML file for those preset editor files. I don't use VA but that's a nicely constructed xml file and if I had a file with all the logos contained there in it could be very useful.
  • MStoldtMStoldt Posts: 1
    Has anyone from AMX gotten back with you on this request?
  • TV Channel Icons from VA

Here are the Icons from the 800x600 panels.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Doug,

Thanks for all of the fulfillment of the requests. Over the past few years, AMX seem to have put their GUI development on the back burner, which is understandable, but providing us new graphics and options are always appreciated. I for one absolutely love these icons. I know in comparison to the graphics Cre$tron provides, AMX wins hands down (but don't we always? ;)) I'd also love to see a few more new GUIs made available for us. Obviously one size doesn't fit all - but you would have to admit the graphics available are a bit old, and the old graphics don't quite match up to the new graphic fads (the apparent craze over the "crystal" / "glass" look like Vista & OSX.)

Thanks again for all of AMX's hard work to keep us going. Without your guys' innovation and design, we'd be no where!
  • New Release Visual Architect 1.3
    Doug Hall wrote:
    The next release of VisualArchitect v1.3, will include sample Radio and TV pxd files that you will be able to modify for your locale. This release should be available via WebUpdate by August 31. Sample PXD files are attached.

Mr. Doug,

I expected the new release to Visual Architect 1.3 by August 31 but i cant find the new version. Please i need add a radia devices and relay devices, when the Visual Architect 1.3 to be ready to download?

Thanks
  • VisualArchitect 1.3 Release

VA version 1.3 is anticipated to release in one week due to inclusion of a new release of FileTransfer 2. We apologize for the delay but I think that you will be very happy with this release.
    Thank you for your patience and interest in this product.
    Kindest Regards,
    Doug Hall
    Senior Product Manager
    AMX