Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Website/Forums

Tech Note 696

[size=+2]Now:[/size]
mpullin wrote:
Matt Pullin ? Lead Programmer ? LouisClark, Ltd.
~~~
My programmer type is DHSB. What's yours?

Doolwind's Game Coding Site brought to you by mpullin

[size=+2]Before:[/size]
What is this??

TechNote696

The very weird thing that really amazes me that there is 74 users voted for this note.

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    It probably wasn't always empty.
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Not sure why you would *change* a Tech Note to say "Coming Soon", as opposed to making a new Tech Note.

Maybe the 74 users are just clamoring in anticipation.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I dunno either - but I just had to vote too!
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Sensiva wrote:
    What is this??

TechNote696

The very weird thing that really amazes me that there is 74 users voted for this note.

viral advertising...
  • mpullin wrote:
    My programmer type is DHSB. What's yours?

PHSB .
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Just added 6 more votes to bring it up to an even 150 votes :)
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I'm a DLTB

You're a Doer.
    You are very quick at getting tasks done. You believe the outcome is the most important part of a task and the faster you can reach that outcome the better. After all, time is money.

You like coding at a Low level.
    You're from the old school of programming and believe that you should have an intimate relationship with the computer. You don't mind juggling registers around and spending hours getting a 5% performance increase in an algorithm.

You work best in a Team.
    A good group is better than the sum of it's parts. The only thing better than a genius programmer is a cohesive group of genius programmers.

You are a liBeral programmer.
    Programming is a complex task and you should use white space and comments as freely as possible to help simplify the task. We're not writing on paper anymore so we can take up as much room as we need.
  • SensivaSensiva Posts: 211
    For Fun....

As this thread is now getting more fun....... some changes have to occure :)
    hijack!

Through no fault of my own, this thread has become a place to discuss the quiz in my signature... as opposed to the original point of the thread: the Bermuda Triangle of AMX that is Tech Note 696.

Oh well. While we're at it, everyone take the quiz and post your programmer type. Yay fun.
  • SensivaSensiva Posts: 211
    mpullin wrote:
    Yay fun.
    :confused:
    Sensiva wrote:
    :confused:
    I didn't know we had that face! lol
  • JeffJeff Posts: 374
    I'm a DLSC

You're a Doer.
    You are very quick at getting tasks done. You believe the outcome is the most important part of a task and the faster you can reach that outcome the better. After all, time is money.

You like coding at a Low level.
    You're from the old school of programming and believe that you should have an intimate relationship with the computer. You don't mind juggling registers around and spending hours getting a 5% performance increase in an algorithm.

You work best in a Solo situation.
    The best way to program is by yourself. There's no communication problems, you know every part of the code allowing you to write the best programs possible.

You are a Conservative programmer.
    The less code you write, the less chance there is of it containing a bug. You write short and to the point code that gets the job done efficiently.
  • alexanboalexanbo Posts: 282
    DHawthorne wrote:
    It probably wasn't always empty.

I thought it might be the light bulb tech note but that one is still there... TN 290