Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

Messed up TPD4 setup pages

I recently saved a tpd4 panel file from mvp 8400 to cv7 and after some tweaking to make my user pages look fine, installed the panel on site.

When I started to configure it I discovered the setup page button were all a bit skewy.

I have tried downloading the file with a full transfer - no change.

I have used the new rev of TPD4 and also done a full transfer, but still it looks like the attached file.

It looks like this in g4 panel preview too.

Can't seem to fix it, but will try resaving as different panel type and see if it goes away.

Comments

• Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    Reload the firmware for the CV7 and it should all return to normal...
  • DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    Jimweir192 wrote:
    Reload the firmware for the CV7 and it should all return to normal...
    ...but how does that explain g4 panel preview behavior being the same....

:-)

<* edit.. should all read cv10 not seven *>
    Maybe because the conversion from MVP8400 to CV10 keeps the original embedded setup pages from the MVP but distorted due to the aspect change, where as a "new" CV10 file would use the correct CV10 pages from TP4...

Another small issue with TP4?!?
    Jimweir192 wrote:
    Maybe because the conversion from MVP8400 to CV10 keeps the original embedded setup pages from the MVP but distorted due to the aspect change, where as a "new" CV10 file would use the correct CV10 pages from TP4...

Another small issue with TP4?!?
    Maybe!

I'll do another set of tests when I have a bit more time and see if I can replicate it.
    I tried a few conversions - I see some distortion in G4Preview but not as bad as yours... although if I open the system page template before preview I don't seem to get the distortions... not conclusive as I haven't tried enough different panels, but certainly did on a 8400 to CV10 convertion...
    Jimweir192 wrote:
    I tried a few conversions - I see some distortion in G4Preview but not as bad as yours... although if I open the system page template before preview I don't seem to get the distortions... not conclusive as I haven't tried enough different panels, but certainly did on a 8400 to CV10 convertion...
    Thanks Jim,

I'll have a crack at it too - when I get off site - and post some more results.
  • By any chance, does the panel project you downloaded have any buttons that were copied from the setup pages? If it does, you will have versions of the button background images in your panel project with the same name as those referenced by the setup pages. The panel firmware doesn't really separate the project from the setup pages when it comes to resources (images, sounds, etc.). So, if you have an image in your project with the same name as in the setup pages, the firmware will use the one in your project first. Because your project was initially for a different panel/resolution, those button background images are not the same as the ones the setup pages were created with for the CV10--and, therefore, they cause the setup pages to look incorrect. The quickest way to correct this is to go into the Resource Manager in TPD4 and rename any images that start with '__AMX' (that's double underscore and then 'AMX'). That way, they will not interefere with the image names referenced by the setup pages.
    By any chance, does the panel project you downloaded have any buttons that were copied from the setup pages? If it does, you will have versions of the button background images in your panel project with the same name as those referenced by the setup pages. The panel firmware doesn't really separate the project from the setup pages when it comes to resources (images, sounds, etc.). So, if you have an image in your project with the same name as in the setup pages, the firmware will use the one in your project first. Because your project was initially for a different panel/resolution, those button background images are not the same as the ones the setup pages were created with for the CV10--and, therefore, they cause the setup pages to look incorrect. The quickest way to correct this is to go into the Resource Manager in TPD4 and rename any images that start with '__AMX' (that's double underscore and then 'AMX'). That way, they will not interefere with the image names referenced by the setup pages.
    Many thanks for the input Rob, I will investigate further.

I know the 'connection ball' is always used - but I'm quite sure this won't matter.

We used to include the REBOOT button (affectionately renamed RE-CONNECT for the client) way back when the wireless panel firmware had some issues with re-establishing coms with the master under some circumstances.

I have a feeling this *was* an exact copy of the reboot button which is the same button design as the others on the setup page. Although the CV10 doesn't need this button like the MVP did, perhaps there is reference to it in the resource manager still.