Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware MAX by AMX
Options

MAX, Divx and Multi-region DVDs

Hello...

Can the MAX media servers play Divx and Multiregion DVDs??

If not, is there any modification to do so?

Thank you
Sensiva

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I don't think it will do Divx, but there is a server setting for the region: however, you can only change the region number a limited amount of times (twice, I think), unless there has been a change recently.
  • Options
    SensivaSensiva Posts: 211
    DHawthorne wrote:
    I don't think it will do Divx, but there is a server setting for the region: however, you can only change the region number a limited amount of times (twice, I think), unless there has been a change recently.

Thank you DH, But I need a confirmed answer, so I can decide what to do, Purchase or Not to Purchase :)
  • Options
    adysadys Posts: 395
    MAX does not support DIVX. I am 99% sure, but check specs if that is your major feature.

Region change I think is mainly for copying the DVD media, after that I think it plays every region?

So using several DVD readers to copy diff regions can solve the problem of limited region changes. BTW there is a dedicate product of AMX for that , I don't remember the name but its in the manual of the max.

Dave, please correct me if I am wrong here.

Ady.
  • Options
    SensivaSensiva Posts: 211
    I Refered to the datasheet and Manual

1- Is the region setting necessary for recording only??, I mean If the region is set to 1 then it can only import region 1 DVDs but still play any other region??

2- can I add an Extra DVD drive into the MAX?? OR replace the DVD drive with another one?
  • Options
    adysadys Posts: 395
    1 - this is what I understood, but I have not done it , so I can't tell.
    I will check it this week.

2 - you can use as many DVD readers as you like in Winmax.
    So you can use the DVD of the computer that running the Winmax, and if the 1 is true, you can put a different DVD with diff regions.