Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Kaleidescape Module ??

Hi,

I'd like to know if someone has same problem with officiel AMX module from Kaleidescape. Control is working fine but I just have a strange behaviour. When I stop or pause a zone, then go on pages of other equipments on my panel, when panel goes in sleep mode, Kaleidescape module puts back panel on last kaleidescape page used in panel :(

I have removed SLEEP string from panel but it still does it !

Any idea ?

Thanks

Vinc

Comments

• i have had the same behaviour since i am using kaleidescape modules ...

I have commented out the PAGE- command on line 1999. It works better altough not perfectly....

I try to send you the email address of the person responsible. he was happy to help when there was a bad BUFFER_SIZE in the module a year ago.
  • vincenvincen Posts: 526
    i have had the same behaviour since i am using kaleidescape modules ...
    I have commented out the PAGE- command on line 1999. It works better altough not perfectly....

Thanks but in version 5.0.2 of module I have I don't have any PAGE- command around line 1999 :( I contact person you sent me by private email :)

Vinc
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I would highly recommend that you avoid using the module's page/popup navigation all together. I redesigned their interface and now have it so it is one main popup and one keyboard entry popup. It works flawlessly.

I have said before and will say again that they have designed a great module. However, the TP interface leaves a lot to be desired. Fix the interface and you'll be very happy with how it works.
    ericmedley wrote:
    I would highly recommend that you avoid using the module's page/popup navigation all together. I redesigned their interface and now have it so it is one main popup and one keyboard entry popup. It works flawlessly.
    I have said before and will say again that they have designed a great module. However, the TP interface leaves a lot to be desired. Fix the interface and you'll be very happy with how it works.

Thanks for your advice but now system is finished so I don't want to go in hassle to redesign all pages of K control !
    Would you mind to share your one page version of their layout ?

Thanks

Vinc
    http://72.148.109.3/~em/Kaleidescape.TP4
    right-click and 'save as'

You'll probably want to put in your own button graphics.
    ericmedley wrote:
    http://72.148.109.3/~em/Kaleidescape.TP4
    right-click and 'save as'
    You'll probably want to put in your own button graphics.

Thanks but is it normal there is nothing on main page ? and close button of popup closes two popups whose one doesn't exist in file :(

Vince
  • ProdigalProdigal Posts: 90
    Well we didn't had that problem yet at least, but we are having another really strange bug, wich is beeing really annoying.

On SATP, if you choose an album wich has been automatically recognised from kaleidescape DB everything works smooth, but if you choose an album wich has not been recognised, and you had to upload the cover art yourself, manually, then the cover won't refresh on the MVP SATP Interface.

That being, if u have album A and album B and album has been recognised and B has not, if you play album A everything is cool, but when you play album B, you still get album A cover on the MVP and it will only change when you play another recognised album. Until then, you allways stay with the last recognised album cover.

Can anyone take a look if you get the same error on any of your systems?

Thanks

Andr
  • Prodigal wrote:
    Well we didn't had that problem yet at least, but we are having another really strange bug, wich is beeing really annoying.

On SATP, if you choose an album wich has been automatically recognised from kaleidescape DB everything works smooth, but if you choose an album wich has not been recognised, and you had to upload the cover art yourself, manually, then the cover won't refresh on the MVP SATP Interface.

That being, if u have album A and album B and album has been recognised and B has not, if you play album A everything is cool, but when you play album B, you still get album A cover on the MVP and it will only change when you play another recognised album. Until then, you allways stay with the last recognised album cover.

Can anyone take a look if you get the same error on any of your systems?

Thanks

André

Ok got a fix on this problem, for all who may need:

Go to the module of Kaleidescape itself, around line 2890 (version 6.20) and change:

char URI[100]

in to

char URI[500]

The array was too short, and couldn't handle the cover art address, when manually uploaded.

Hope this can help.

André
  • KScape OSD-Video Interface on MVP-8400?

Our KScape rep told us that the OSD-Video interface (the one that looks the same on the TP as it does on the display device) won't work on wireless panels like the MVP-8400. However, KScape offers an OSD-Video TPD4 file for the 8400 in their support section. KScape support told me that it should work, but they thought we'd need to add a device to the system to get video to the touchpanel, but couldn't tell me for sure which one (something about V-Brick?).

So, has anyone successfully used the OSD-Video TPD4 module on an MVP-8400? If so, how?

Thanks.

Brad
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I would think any MJEG video server would do the trick.
    vincen wrote:
    Thanks but is it normal there is nothing on main page ? and close button of popup closes two popups whose one doesn't exist in file :(

Vince

Yes, there is nothing on the main page. My panel designs only use one page. On panel startup I call up a single page specific to that touch panel and its location in the installation. The only buttons on that page are a single row of overall navigation buttons that stay up all the time. Everything else is a popup over that page. Quite often there are 3 or 4 popus up at one time.

So, if you wish to use pages, you'll have to create your own or transfer the buttons over. In that case, I'd honestly stick to their interface. You'll probably have quite a time getting mine to do what you want.

As to the odd navigation, I do not typically use TPdesign for navigation, All Tp navigation is done in the Netlinx program. they are probably left over from harvesting the interface or I forgot something.
  • damiendamien Posts: 10
    kaleidescape multiple players

Hello,

I am currently busy with a 3U server and 2 movieplayers.
    We want to control 2 movieplayers by one touchpanel, for the first movieplayer there is no problem. But to control the second movieplayer we need to modify an array of controlling movieplayers ??

Does anyone have had a similar installation ?

Thank you
    damien wrote:
    Hello,

I am currently busy with a 3U server and 2 movieplayers.
    We want to control 2 movieplayers by one touchpanel, for the first movieplayer there is no problem. But to control the second movieplayer we need to modify an array of controlling movieplayers ??

Does anyone have had a similar installation ?

Thank you

I assume that you're using the module from Kaliedescape...

I don't know if you're doing this or have modified anything but the basic way you activate control of any K-player in the system is to do a DO_PUSH to tell the program which K-Player you wish to control. Here's the code that pertains to that.
    button_event[KTouch_Panels,501] //select KPLAYER1 // HIT THESE TO ACTIVATE WHICHEVER PLAYER TO WHICH EVER TOUCH PANEL.
    button_event[KTouch_Panels,502] //select KPLAYER2
    button_event[KTouch_Panels,503] //select KPLAYER3
    button_event[KTouch_Panels,504] //select KPLAYER4    -   MUSIC 1
    button_event[KTouch_Panels,505] //select KPLAYER5    -   MUSIC 2
    button_event[KTouch_Panels,506] //select KPLAYER6    -   MUSIC 3
    button_event[KTouch_Panels,507] //select KPLAYER7    -   MUSIC 4
    button_event[KTouch_Panels,508] //select KPLAYER8 
    button_event[KTouch_Panels,500] //select KPLAYER - NO LONGER CONTROLLING - TP hits this when done to relinquish control.
    {
        push:
        {
             stack_var TP_Ref
             stack_var Player_Ref

TP_Ref = get_last(KTouch_Panels)		//determine the TP that generated this event
             Player_Ref = button.input.channel - 500	//determine the Player Ref that is requested

controlled_Kplayer[TP_Ref] = Player_Ref	//set the new player reference
             send_command Kplayer[Player_Ref], 'REFRESH'	//resend any strings to the touch panel

}
    }

In your main program you simply push the buttons to tell the module which K-Player you wish to control. You exit that control by a button push on 500.

The other thing to check is to make sure all the K-Players are part of the system. You do this in the Server's setup page. Make sure all parts are in the same group.
  • damiendamien Posts: 10
    Yes, I am using the module provided by kaleidscape.
    I have implemented the part described by you in the module "multiple panel include"
    but when I compile I am getting errors : unrecognized char in input

The errors come from the part :

touchpanelRef = get_last(KTouchPanels)
    interfaceRef = button.input.channel ? 500
    controlledKplayer[touchpanelRef] = interfaceRef

Does the part described by you has to be included in the "multiple panel include" ?

The kaleidescape components are in group.

Thank You,

DEFINE_DEVICE

/********************************************************
    * Create a virtual device per KPlayer controlled. *
    ********************************************************/
    KPLAYER1 = 32768:1:0
    KPLAYER2 = 32769:1:0

/********************************************************
    * Put all Kplayer virtual devs into one array. *
    ********************************************************/
    dev Kplayer[] = //Add any additional controlled players here
    {
    KPLAYER1,
    KPLAYER2
    }

//An array of all the touch panels that will control the K Players
    dev KTouchPanels[] =
    {
    TP_ONE
    // TP_TWO
    // TP_THREE
    }

//This array determines what player each touch panel controls
    integer controlledKplayer[] = //for each touch panel, add an entry to this array
    {
    0, //First TP to control Player 1
    0 //Second TP to control Player 2
    //3, //Third TP to control Player 3
    }
    _____________________________________________________-

button_event[KTouchPanels,500] //select no player
    button_event[KTouchPanels,501] //select KPLAYER1
    button_event[KTouchPanels,502] //select KPLAYER2
    button_event[KTouchPanels,503] //select KPLAYER3
    {
    push:
    {
    stack_var integer touchpanelRef
    stack_var integer interfaceRef
    touchpanelRef = get_last(KTouchPanels)
    interfaceRef = button.input.channel ? 500
    controlledKplayer[touchpanelRef] = interfaceRef

if (interfaceRef != 0)
    {
    send_command Kplayer[interfaceRef],'REFRESH'
    }
    }
    }
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    I am surprised to hear folks are redesigning the KScape UI. I have found it to be pretty good all things considered. I want to change the Pages to Popups but other than that I have had few problems with it.
    The one thing I did notice was that if you switch to a different source at just the right time, you will get the KScape Details page over top of your new page so you have to remember to wait a second or two and then clear it when switching away from the Kscape. As well, you can completey lose control of the player if you navigate to the system summary page and then change source or turn off the system. Once you go back to the Kplayer no page or popup will be generated and the user is left with a blank touch panel and no way to control the kplayer short of rebooting it. But I haven't seen anything yet that would motivate me to do a complete redesign even though the UI could be designed better. I don't like the fact that it takes too many button presses to go to a particular DVD chapter. I also don't like that when in Music mode, the music details popup won't come back if you are playing a song, switch to a movie and then come back to the song. Apparently the details popup is popped when the play button is hit which is annoying. But all in all I think it is pretty good and most users seem pretty happy with it. I would be curious to hear what features folks are adding that are superior to the KScape module.
    Thanks,
    Paul

PS: It looks like the system summary bug was fixed in 7.0. They actually are fixing the bugs I have found yay!
    damien wrote:
    I have implemented the part described by you in the module "multiple panel include"
    but when I compile I am getting errors : unrecognized char in input etc...

Hmmm...

Sounds like you should call Kaleidescape's tech support. They are rather hard to get hold of. It's one of those "Leave a message and we'll get back to you..." kinda things. They seem to take a while to actually call back. (hours) And when they do call, be ready to spend some time with them. However, once you get in, they are pretty AMX savvy and werre very helpful.
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    damien wrote:
    but when I compile I am getting errors : unrecognized char in input

It sounds like you have an erroneous character somewhere in one of your files, and the compiler isn't always so good about telling you where it is. It can also be a control character that you won't be able to see if you somehow pasted from a Word doc or web page or something like that. You will have to try and start with as many clean files as you can and pullout code until the error goes away, and then start putting it back in until the error crops up.