Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

universal remote control

hi, do any got any idea what universal remote control can works with amx master.maybe using LAN wireless.

Comments

• yuriyuri Posts: 861
    RTI remotes can work via RF via AMX
  • zaifulzaiful Posts: 25
    i got RTI but it quite expensive in local market.i'm looking for something cheeper.
  • TonyAngeloTonyAngelo Posts: 315
    And AMX isn't expensive?

There may be other solutions (URC), but short of an AMX remote RTI is your best bet.
  • $30 IR learning remote with an IR receiver?
  • zaifulzaiful Posts: 25
    Did u guys tried using Logitech Harmony 880 with amx? i thought i want to try it out coz it more cheeper then RTI.
  • I am also interested in using a 880 with amx. The client already had one and I was wondering how far I can go with it.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    It quite honestly doesn't matter much which remote you choose as long as it can learn the AMX IR commands. In addition, you'll need the ability to receive the IR commands on something like the IR receiver on an NI-700.

You can also use an RF remote that communicates on the same channels as the AMX RF receiver. (417mhz and 435mhz I think if memory serves. there's only 2 channels available.) Here again you'll still need to learn the AMX IR codes. We've use RTI for RF and lots of stuff when we could receive the IR on an NI-700 or the old wall mount IR receivers.

there's also another method in which you could get an IR to RS232 or IR to IP gadget. Then from the AMX side you could write a driver for it to read the commands.

the problem i've found with most of these methods is that, in the end, you end up spending as much time/money as if you'd just went with something new that works.

I personally hate working with client's existing equipment. It's almost always outdated, hard to control and causes issues that confuse the client as to why it doesn't operate as advertised.
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    AMX IR FILES

I've attached a full kit of AMX IR files -
    These are IRL files of all 255 legal AMX IR commands, PLUS their HEX equivalents for cut-and-paste.
    Also included is a handy tool that converts IRL files into text HEX files.
    I put these together a few years back when AMX said they didn't have such a collection and referred me to Remote Central.
  • Would either of these would work with a 418mHz remote/axr-rf setup?