Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Set_outdoor_temperature

I think there is a major issue with the SET_OUTDOOR_TEMPERATURE function in NetLinx. No matter how hard I try, I can not modify the outdoor temperature using this function.

Currently it is 74 degrees outside, I want it to be more like 72, I use this function and it stays 74. I even walked my NI3100 outside to see if that would work! Any ideas?
BUTTON_EVENT[TP,1]
{
	PUSH:
	{
		SET_OUTDOOR_TEMPERATURE(72);
	}
}

Comments

• It says in the help

"At this time, only the PLK-DMS takes advantage of the outdoor temperature."

so you probably need one of those to make it work. I guess you would have to install it outside.

It also says in the PLK-DMS blurb

"Includes built-in temperature sensor"

Now that's a bit weird. I guess there could be a lag between setting the temp and having the world catch up so the sensor would tell you how much progress you had made.

BTW 72 seems a little warm, 25 was just right here yesterday. Oh hang on, the help says

"It is up to the programmer to provide the correct temperature scale"

so that's OK.

What happens if the guy next door sets a different temp?
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    The function SET_OUTDOOR_TEMPERATURE is only intended to be used by qualified and knowledgeable persons with GOD like egos. The requirements for its use is covered during the Programmers VII course.
  • GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    vining wrote:
    The function SET_OUTDOOR_TEMPERATURE is only intended to be used by qualified and knowledgeable persons with GOD like egos. The requirements for its use is covered during the Programmers VII course.

Do you have anything to do with this Global Warming? Stop playing around with the Outdoor Temp!
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Call 'Get_CO2_Levels'

IF(CO2_levels_temp>CO2_Levels_Current){
    SET_OUTDOOR_TEMPERATURE (Current_Outdoor_Temperature+1)
    CO2_Levels_Current=CO2_levels_temp
    }

GSLOgic wrote:
    Do you have anything to do with this Global Warming?
    Don't we all! I'm not taking the blame for this alone.
  • AMXJeffAMXJeff Posts: 450
    Set_outdoor_temperature

There is no parameter for location, I could be raising the temperature over the north poll and would not even know it... I could be the cause of global warming...
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Make sure you're using SET_OUTDOOR_TEMPERATURE() and not the deprecated SET_OUTDOOR_TEMPATURE().
  • vining wrote:
    GSLOgic wrote:

Don't we all! I'm not taking the blame for this alone.

No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood.
  • How about SET_ALL_TEMPACHEER?

I might be dating myself with that one a bit...

- Chip

mpullin wrote:
    Make sure you're using SET_OUTDOOR_TEMPERATURE() and not the deprecated SET_OUTDOOR_TEMPATURE().
    Chip Moody wrote:
    How about SET_ALL_TEMPACHEER?
    Wasn't that a laundry detergent commercial?
  • Well, then I guess I didn't date myself too much. :)

- Chip
    vining wrote:
    Chip Moody wrote:

Wasn't that a laundry detergent commercial?