Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

TPI3 Bricked...

OK. Here's the issue. I have an old AXB-TPI that we're replacing an ELO touchpanel on. The unit was working fine. We had some issues getting a good calibration on the new panel, and in the process of figuring it out, I was configuring the TPI with Terminal....Unfortunately, I typo'ed and typed 'MOUSE 3' instead of 'MOUSE 13' to select an ELO panel and somehow introduced an error into the system...Now it just reboots itself over and over, and I can neither talk to it nor reset the hardware...I've popped out both button cells for at least 5 minutes, no luck. Can no longer connect in Terminal. HELP!!!!!

PyramidBlaster

Comments

• Options
    OK...leaving the button cells out for a SOLID HOUR did the trick...*Whew*!

OK...My next question. We replaced the old ELO touchpanel with a newer style...But we had difficulty in getting a good calibration. By manually entering calibration data using the SET CAL command in Terminal, I managed to get the calibration height and width correct...But one problem: one of the axes' (either X or Y) is backwards, depending on whether you use MOUSE 12 or MOUSE 13 command. Which means that, say, the cursor will follow correctly left-to-right, but up-and-down will be a mirror image--your finger moves down, the cursor moves up....

So Close.....

Any ideas out there?
  • Options
    Still working this issue, and i've stumped 4 AMX tech support personnel...ELO, of course, refuses to touch it...

I know I could resolve this issue if I could figure out how to modify the source code on the .TSK driver configuration files that you load into the TPI3 in order to set which type of serial connection used. There are two files, one for an Intellitouch and one for an accutouch. each one treats one axis correctly...If I can combine the two....Well...I'll be in business.

trouble is, I don't even know what language the .TSK's are in.
  • Options
    Suggest you try setting MOUSE to 1,2,3,4... and keep going up to whatever ignoring any doco you may have. It's worked for me in the past.
  • Options
    Already tried that. I ended up updating the firmware, and even trying the newer (external) driver files supplied by AMX---to no avail. Finally, we're sending the ELO back and repairing their old one...While running the system off of an LCD monitor and using a serial mouse on the TPI...Boy, it's getting hard to find those...

I stumped 4 different AMX support personnel...as well as myself, our service tech, and engineering manager---combined, we have decades of troubleshooting experience. ELO didn't even want to touch it.