Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Using XML-RPC standard over IP

I am trying to control an IP Bridge that only talks XML over IP. The XML format has to be XML-RPC2 standard and it is sent by UDP packets only.

I opened a client port using the bridge's IP address, port 80, using UDP. Then I sent out an XML formated string. I also opened a server using the same port hoping to get a reply. Nothing. The command should have created a virtual room on the bridge but nothing happened.

I verified I was going out the IP port by sending it to myself and I received that.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    AMXJeffAMXJeff Posts: 450
    Ip_udp_2way;

You should not need to open a server, did you use two_way_udp?

IP_CLIENT_OPEN(XMLSocket.Port, '192.168.1.100', 1000, IP_UDP_2WAY);

I am trying to control an IP Bridge that only talks XML over IP. The XML format has to be XML-RPC2 standard and it is sent by UDP packets only.

I opened a client port using the bridge's IP address, port 80, using UDP. Then I sent out an XML formated string. I also opened a server using the same port hoping to get a reply. Nothing. The command should have created a virtual room on the bridge but nothing happened.

I verified I was going out the IP port by sending it to myself and I received that.

Does anybody have any ideas?
  • Options
    Did not know about the IP_UDP_2WAY way. Thanks. I tried that also, but still no luck.
  • Options
    Do you have any documentation on this process, I would like to see also the make/module of the IP bridge.
    Did not know about the IP_UDP_2WAY way. Thanks. I tried that also, but still no luck.
  • Options
    It a Codian-MCU. Here is the API for it.
  • Options
    OK, This does not look to me like that it uses UDP. This uses HTTP with the POST method. HTTP uses TCP/IP.

// This is your HTTP Post Header Message, each of the header lines should end with a CRLF.

POST /RPC2 HTTP/1.1
    User-Agent: Frontier/5.1.2 (WinNT)
    Host: 10.2.1.100

// This describes your cotent.
    Content-Type: text/xml

// This says how many bytes are in the content
    Content-length: 713

// End of header

// This is the begining of your content, using the RPC2 Format
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <methodCall>
    </methodCall> CRLF CRLF <- two are needed at the end...

NetLinx should be able to do all this with no problems...
    It a Codian-MCU. Here is the API for it.
  • Options
    samossamos Posts: 106
    I am trying to control this same product with no luck as well. Any update on how this went and if it uses TCP or UDP. The manual says UDP