Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Issues with TuneSuite

I am using the ada tunesuite module rev 2.2 that is on amx site. I have used it before with no problems but on the job I am currently programming I am running into to weird ones and wonder if anyone had any ideas

1. when selecting band ( which should be a toggle ) it is sending the command twice maybe ( jumps to next band, then jumps again off of one push )

2. When trying to use the tune up / down i get the following error
Line      3 :: Ref Error  ?  Index to large Line=96 - 15:21:22
Line      4 :: CIpCodeMan::GetDev 2 Error 0x0000 0x00036A - 15:21:22

TIA

Comments

• Options
    ondrovicondrovic Posts: 217
    Never mind fixed it was an addressing issue for tune up / down and a double module for band snafu
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Reviving this thread because I have an issue with TuneSuite that I wanted to know if anyone else had experienced.

The TUNE command (e.g. TUNE=77) sometimes doesn't respond. When I turn on the XM radio in the morning and give it a command like TUNE=140, the virtual device for the tuner either says nothing or returns something like ERR=FREQ RANGE (don't remember the exact wording of the error message) despite the fact I'm sending a valid XM station to an XM tuner. The station refused to change no matter how many times I sent the command.

My workaround for this is to poll each tuner with TUNE? every minute.
    I noticed that after sending this poll the station would change correctly after a subsequent TUNE=. Since I have added this I haven't had any problems changing channels in the morning. Anyone else experience this? I'm just curious since I have already solved the problem, but I have no idea why this happens.
  • Options
    AMXJeffAMXJeff Posts: 450
    Matt,

I will try to open the source code on Monday to see if I can figure out what is causing it, but problems like this should be reported to Tech Support...It will get addressed...

Thanks!!!!!!

mpullin wrote:
    Reviving this thread because I have an issue with TuneSuite that I wanted to know if anyone else had experienced.

The TUNE command (e.g. TUNE=77) sometimes doesn't respond. When I turn on the XM radio in the morning and give it a command like TUNE=140, the virtual device for the tuner either says nothing or returns something like ERR=FREQ RANGE (don't remember the exact wording of the error message) despite the fact I'm sending a valid XM station to an XM tuner. The station refused to change no matter how many times I sent the command.

My workaround for this is to poll each tuner with TUNE? every minute.
    I noticed that after sending this poll the station would change correctly after a subsequent TUNE=. Since I have added this I haven't had any problems changing channels in the morning. Anyone else experience this? I'm just curious since I have already solved the problem, but I have no idea why this happens.
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Thanks Jeff. I was considering reporting it but since it didn't pose an immediate problem to me, I figured I would just see if the issue was known first.
  • Options
    AMXJeffAMXJeff Posts: 450
    Matt,

I belive this is the function that is causing that error, Tune? updates the nTuner_Bands array. I am wondering what band it thinks it is in when you just do the TUNE=. Keep track of BAND= responses from the module, let me know...

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DEFINE_FUNCTION INTEGER fnFREQ_CHK(CHAR strCmd_String[])
    {
        STACK_VAR
        FLOAT fValue

fValue = ATOF(strCmd_String)
        Switch (nTuner_Bands[nRequested_Tuner])
        {
            Case 0:        // Don't know yet - let it go
            { return 1 }
            Case 1:        // AM
            { 
                If (fAM_min <= fValue && fValue <= fAM_max)
                { return 1 }
                Else { return 0 } 
            }
            Case 2:        // FM
            { 
                If (fFM_min <= fValue && fValue <= fFM_max)
                { return 1 }
                Else { return 0 } 
            }
            Case 3:        // WX
            { 
                If (fWX_min <= fValue && fValue <= fWX_max)
                { return 1 }
                Else { return 0 } 
            }
            Case 4:        // XM
            { 
                If (fXM_min <= fValue && fValue <= fXM_max)
                { return 1 }
                Else { return 0 } 
            }
        }
    }

mpullin wrote:
    Thanks Jeff. I was considering reporting it but since it didn't pose an immediate problem to me, I figured I would just see if the issue was known first.
  • Options
    trobertstroberts Posts: 228
    ADA Firmware

Hey All,
    I am using a TuneSuite for the first time. I have firmware version 2.1 in my ADA TuneSuite, I noticed in the help file for the AMX module v2.2 it says the module was written for firmware version 1.1 and below. Can anyone tell me if this is going to be an issue? I am assuming it is, since I only have the module loaded "as is" and I cant control the tuner, nor do I ever get any RX back from the tuner. Can someone shed some light on this? I am using an ISO-CAT II to connect, if that helps.
    Thanks
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    troberts wrote: »
    Hey All,
    I am using a TuneSuite for the first time. I have firmware version 2.1 in my ADA TuneSuite, I noticed in the help file for the AMX module v2.2 it says the module was written for firmware version 1.1 and below. Can anyone tell me if this is going to be an issue? I am assuming it is, since I only have the module loaded "as is" and I cant control the tuner, nor do I ever get any RX back from the tuner. Can someone shed some light on this? I am using an ISO-CAT II to connect, if that helps.
    Thanks

I just did a project where the clieint provided the TuneSuite unit. I haven't done much in the way of research, but does the thing not have a descrete 'Band' command??? That makes presets kinda janky. It seems odd that there would not be some kind of descrete command. Or, is this just how the AMX module was designed?

just curious.
  • Options
    The presets on the tunesuite include the band the preset was used in, so you can mix and match between AM- and FM and it will go to the correct band on that preset selection. At least that's how the one on my desk works.

Brad