Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

NXT panels

Is it possible to flip the image on the screen of the NXT panels to install them in a place like underneath a kitchen cabinet? I've been looking in the manual and I haven't found a setting for this.

Comments

• Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    uhm... no. But if you have the time, you could change all the pages i gues... ;)
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    yuri wrote:
    uhm... no. But if you have the time, you could change all the pages i gues... ;)

Wouldn't work so well for a video window ...

I wonder what would be involved with flipping the display upside down mechanically. If it were me though, I would spec an in-wall model and build an enclosure around it. I'm a bit spoiled; I have an installer who loves that kind of custom work and is really quite good at it too.
  • Options
    Fonts = problem

The biggest problem I found was flipping the fonts. I had an application where they wanted to use an MVP in a portrait orientation and I had to make bitmaps for all of the buttons with the rotated text.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The biggest problem I found was flipping the fonts. I had an application where they wanted to use an MVP in a portrait orientation and I had to make bitmaps for all of the buttons with the rotated text.

Oh yuck. I don't think I would ever have the patience required for re-creating all the fonts. I hate even so much as needing to resize or re-aspect images.
  • Options
    One issue I would see with mounting upside down like that is that the hinge on the panel doesn't have much resistance, so it would hang straight down and probably swing with button pushes.
  • Options
    in the setup page of an MVP8400 in the Panel Information page is see an entry called "Screen Rotation". It is set to 0. Maybe you can change it?
  • Options
    flcusatflcusat Posts: 309
    yuri wrote:
    in the setup page of an MVP8400 in the Panel Information page is see an entry called "Screen Rotation". It is set to 0. Maybe you can change it?

Is that entry also available in the NXT panels?
  • Options
    flcusat wrote:
    Is that entry also available in the NXT panels?

i have NO idea, because i don't have one handy ;)
    I also havent been able to figure out where to rotate the touchpanel using the MVP8400...