Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Residential Forum

Panasonic DoorPhones

With the Panasonic Phone Systems is there a way to detect the door phone button push out the SDMR RS-232 port? We have pretty much everything elabled to print out that port but nothing seems to show up when the door phone button is pushed.

I want to be able to sound a traditional chime on the TPs when the buttons are pushed but I can't trap the button push when it doesn't give me anything to trap. I currently have chimes sounding off of exterior "spy" motion detectors which also trigger and queues the cameras but I occasionally get false triggers which annoys the customers, go figure. I always assumed that I would be able to trigger the chimes based on the door phone button push but so far haven't figured out a way to do it. I do have a spare wires at the doorphone so techically I could isolate the button from the doorphone circuitry for a contact closure for an I/O and then another for the doorphone iteself but it seems to me that the phone system should spit out something out the SDMR port when the button is pushed and trapping the push in code would be the easiest way to go.

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The SMDR won't do it. I've "detected" door phone rings two ways:

1) Replace the button switch with a 2 pole switch and connect an IO to it.
    2) Program an extension that only rings on the door phone, and connect a 24VAC triggered relay to that port. Connect IO to that.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Thanks, not I wanted to hear but knowing it can't be done saves me a ton of aggravation.