Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

ReQuest XY control

Hello all,
I am trying to dig up some info on how I would go about controlling a F4.500 via XY on the legacy CV6 panels. I have a NI3100 connected via 232 and my client hates the canned ReQuest panel file we gave them a year or so ago. According to ReQuest, they have a module and code support for ********, not for AMX. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    cmacma Posts: 94
    ReQuest doesn't have any X/Y control that I know of.. ReQuest has AMX modules on their web site, you should be able to make your touchpanel operate just like the onscreen menu if that is what you want to do.
  • Options
    The story I got out of them is they don't have it for AMX, only ********. The ******** module is avaialble for download on the site; I was hoping someone reverse engineered it to work with AMX.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I've been using the AMX ReQuest module with great sucess. I've had to re-design the User interface to work with the way I do things.

However, it's been a very good module for me. It works well with multiple TP systems too.

The user interface is not touch panel specific. As long as you have a modero, you're in.

that's my 2 cents.
  • Options
    Thanks to all so far. Unless I am missing something, those files are modero based and I have legacy CV6 panels.
  • Options
    glr-ftiglr-fti Posts: 286
    I've used both ReQuest Landmark modules and Netlinx modules for both MCP's and CV10's and the newer Moderos without any problems. As stated above you may to have rework the user interface to fit your own unique needs but the modules themselves work just fine.
  • Options
    cmacma Posts: 94
    SammPX wrote:
    Thanks to all so far. Unless I am missing something, those files are modero based and I have legacy CV6 panels.

Just make your own CV6 panel that is laid out the same and looks the same as the Modero file. There will most likely be no new CV6 or G3 files ever so if you need to update a piece of EQ you will need to do this.
  • Options
    banobano Posts: 173
    SammPX wrote:

I have an old G3 file that may come in handy.
  • Options
    jweatherjweather Posts: 320
    Thread seems to have drifted a bit, but X/Y control is certainly possible. The C* module on ARQ's site mimics an ELO touchpanel's serial output. If you have access to C* tools, it shouldn't be too hard to figure it out, or I can dissect it for you if you like. X/Y control requires an extra serial port (in addition to the port for control+metadata, or IP if you're using that) and a specific model of 232-to-USB adapter to connect it to the ARQ. It seemed to work okay when I tried it, but the video quality was poor. I'll stick with ARQ's TP templates.

Jeremy
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Sorry if this is off topic, but what is meant by "XY Control"? There is an XY Control System in Google, but it looks like a college project: http://engenius.sece.rmit.edu.au/Abstracts/Page1739.htm
  • Options
    jweatherjweather Posts: 320
    AudioRequest has a white paper describing it here: http://www.request.com/support/downloads.asp#arq. Basically, run video from the ARQ to the touchpanel, and send commands to the ARQ when the user touches the screen (X/Y coordinates of the press on screen, hence XY Control). ARQ has instructions for hooking up an ELO TP to do this, and a module to use with C* systems, but no info about AMX.
  • Options
    AMXJeffAMXJeff Posts: 450
    If the ReQuest uses the microtouch protocol, you can use the OLD system_call 'TOUCH1'. This allows any Video Joystick touch panel to send XY messages usiing the microtouch protocol. ELO protocol is handles by TOUCH2, but you need a AXB-232++ box with a little program downloaded into the box.
    (***********************************************************)
    (*          DEVICE NUMBER DEFINITIONS GO BELOW             *)
    DEFINE_DEVICE

MOUSE         = 1                  (* ANY RS232 PORT *)
    TP            = 128                (* ANY VGA CAPABLE TOUCH PANEL *)

(*               VARIABLE DEFINITIONS GO BELOW             *)
    DEFINE_VARIABLE

JOYSTICK_X                         (* X VALUE OF JOYSTICK *)
    JOYSTICK_Y                         (* Y VALUE OF JOYSTICK *)
    MOUSE_BUFFER[50]                   (* INCOMING BUFFER *)

(*                STARTUP CODE GOES BELOW                  *)
    DEFINE_START

CREATE_LEVEL TP,1,JOYSTICK_X
    CREATE_LEVEL TP,2,JOYSTICK_Y
    CREATE_BUFFER MOUSE,MOUSE_BUFFER

(*            THE ACTUAL PROGRAM GOES BELOW                *)
    DEFINE_PROGRAM

(* TOUCH SCREEN CONTROL *)
    SYSTEM_CALL 'TOUCH1' (MOUSE,TP,1,JOYSTICK_X,JOYSTICK_Y,MOUSE_BUFFER)

(*                     END OF PROGRAM                      *)
    (*        DO NOT PUT ANY CODE BELOW THIS COMMENT           *)

jweather wrote:
    AudioRequest has a white paper describing it here: http://www.request.com/support/downloads.asp#arq. Basically, run video from the ARQ to the touchpanel, and send commands to the ARQ when the user touches the screen (X/Y coordinates of the press on screen, hence XY Control). ARQ has instructions for hooking up an ELO TP to do this, and a module to use with C* systems, but no info about AMX.
  • Options
    XY control is what we used to do with AXDCG10 panels - send the VGA output from an Escient Tunebase Pro or similar device to the panel(s) and control it with an overlay. A good example somebody gave is the ELO device.

I have a ******** guy looking at it now with the hope I could at least get some idea of how much is involved in "converting" it over. I looked at the Landmark touch panel file and it has improved slightly over the original, at least for the CV6.