Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

Set popup position

Is it possible to set the position of a popup page when showing it? I have a room with three separate displays with a list of input buttons along the left side of the panel. Right now when you press the input button, that input displays on all three displays. What I'd like to do is add the option so when you hold the button in for two seconds it displays a popup page that lets you select an individual output. I could make one popup for each of the inputs, but I'd rather just reuse one.

Thanks,
Matt

Comments

• a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    mstocum wrote:
    Is it possible to set the position of a popup page when showing it? I have a room with three separate displays with a list of input buttons along the left side of the panel. Right now when you press the input button, that input displays on all three displays. What I'd like to do is add the option so when you hold the button in for two seconds it displays a popup page that lets you select an individual output. I could make one popup for each of the inputs, but I'd rather just reuse one.

Thanks,
    Matt

Not sure if I understand completely but if you are asking if you can move a popup around from code, you can't. You can have it pop up at a predefined postion, and you can have is slide, fade in etc. but once it has appeared you cannot programmatically move it around. It doesn't sound like that's what you need though.
    Paul
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    you can make a popup dragable. But this is done on the touchpanel, and not in code.

You could use this:
    "'@PSP-&lt;popup page name>;<X coordinate>,<Y coordinate>'"

This sets the popup effect coordinates from which it originates. You could change this according to which button is pressed. Just don't forget to give the popup an effect (slide in from left or something)

:)
  • JeffJeff Posts: 374
    So basically using that I can have a popup page slide in from the left, but I can set it to originate somewhere other than the absolute left of the screen?

J
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    Jeff wrote:
    So basically using that I can have a popup page slide in from the left, but I can set it to originate somewhere other than the absolute left of the screen?

J

yes, just like you can set the "Show Effect X Pos" in TPD4 :)
  • ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    I am surprised we can not specify the x-y position of a popup at runtime. I could have used this on a number of occasions. :(